WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Automation game

B C

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1451259293.519741

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1451259310.251801

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1451259322.683440

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1451259339.420691

Ive had my eye on this game for the last few years and decided to buy/preorder or whatever the crap you would call it since its currently an advanced demo at best. It looks like there are periodic updates and who knows, maybe one day the game will be complete.

Basically you design cars, test them, market them and you are ranked on how well you do. There are also some missions/challenges that i havent tried out yet.

This isnt some commercial grade high end performance simulator/analyzer but the developers put in an enormous amount of realism and physics into the game and the changes you make to the cars are believable. The engine sounds are spot on and reflect the various modifications really well.

I designed the closest thing i could to an e30.

Who has time for games? Not too many people, but its winter and I need an excuse for not finishing my engine build and this qualifies as an excuse.

Weight came in around 3050lbs so I would need to scale the body down slightly to get below 2800lb.

Skidpad was 0.89,

0-60 was 8.8 and 1/4 mile was 16.0 I believe. So reduce the weight and the numbers would probably be in a reasonable ballpark.

I didnt set the gear ratios to what they actually are either. Just left them at the default 5spd ratios.

The engine design challenges are quite challenging as earl alluded to, but very fun to apply your intuition on how to meet cost, weight, reliability, output, and consumption goals