WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Spacers

nick.e46.330i.

Question

8 answers to this question

H&R trak+ spacers with green loctite and the correct hubcentric diameter to match the wheels you have is the way I would do it.

Do you mean these?

http://www.ecstuning.com/BMW-E46-330i-M54_3.0L/Wheels/Spacers/H-and-R/20mm/ES1303529/

Or these?

http://www.ecstuning.com/BMW-E46-330i-M54_3.0L/Wheels/Spacers/H-and-R/20mm/ES319/

Opinion: I can't say I like that design for a 20mm spacer. The machined hole with taper for the lug seat must go through like 60%-70% (or more) of the spacer to leave enough room for the lug head to be fully recessed. Really doesn't leave a lot of material for structural strength....

IDK... I just know 20mm spacers aren't huge - so machining a majority of it away to allow for a recessed lug just worries me. That and using lug bolts blow.

My 20mm spacers for visual reference:

5FB72257-5DFB-4B45-BB45-26A2CF53E273.jpg

i've used 15/20mm spacer with long bolts, and also 4x100 to 5x120 adapters and have had no problems with failures.  However, I've stopped using all of them because they are a monumental pain the in butt, usually.  Wheel changes are harder, you have to have extra regular length lugs if you are still using winter tires which dont use spacers, and if you've ever had a spacer get seized to the hub, you'll want to kill yourself.