WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

2 alternators in my MK2 jetta

jockhater2

Question

It started out last year as 1 Iraggi 380A. Now thanks to a lot of time and help. I have the 380A plus a 320A in their.

DSCF2055.jpg

IMG_0274.jpg

DSCF2054.jpg

I wasn't happy with the belt wrap on this.

0913141849_zps1ac5937e.jpg

0913141850_zps180fd509.jpg

And this is my attempt at fixing the belt wrap issue.

0914141406_zps5ae91bd1.jpg

0914141406a_zps904c9cc8.jpg

This is what it was at 6 weeks ago because I gave up on it last year and let it sit over winter, spring and summer.

0809141304c_zpsecfbb19b.jpg

0809141304_zps57ba1cfe.jpg

6 answers to this question

Looks good, I have found aluminum spacers at Ace hardware that can be modified to be an exact fit, not that anyone can really see them down there.

Already made spacers and put them in. I should have left the washers in their just to rustle everyones jimmies.

I don't know why every rags on the washers so much. They were necessary to find out how much shim was needed to line the pulleys up.

Over at VWvortex everyone just bitched about the washers.

Vwvortex... what do they know! I love washers! They might not look the prettiest but the get the job done and are fairly accurate for figuring out what kind of shim or spacer you would need.

Yes exactly. With the spacers in they do the EXACT same thing as the washers. I do obviously prefer the spacers because now when taking off that alternator. I don't have to sit their and figure out how many washers had to go where.

I just gotta get the car running and completed.

The guys over at vwv seem like they are all loaded rich and are not working on limited funds, time and they also seem like they have either a shop or a friend with a shop and a ton of tools and skills available.