WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Powdercoating/Painting

Guest Graynor

Guest Graynor

So I'm upgrading the injectors after my supercharger install that's supposedly adding 40+whp this week(old injectors causing some rough idle anyways) and since I have to take the new manifold out, I'm thinking of getting it painted red. It's currently a textured black that's chipping on some spots. The stripping is probably gonna be the labor intensive part but I'm debating if I should just media blast and powder coat. Who's the go-to shops/people that offer either service?

14192826795_bf9fcba555_c.jpg

Im guessing your car is direct injected, otherwise id inquire about your injectors.

If you get some solid contact info for Hytec then  let me know, the few times I tried to get quotes from them their website was down/phone number didnt work. 

Guest Graynor

Im guessing your car is direct injected, otherwise id inquire about your injectors.

If you get some solid contact info for Hytec then  let me know, the few times I tried to get quotes from them their website was down/phone number didnt work. 

I'll holler at Hytec and see what they say. The S65 engine isn't direct injected. I had contacted Active and some forums regarding my rough idle after the SC install and everyone, including Active, echoed how the older injectors(Ford Racing brand) had issues with rough idling and the new injectors solved that issue plus was able to increase hp. The cynic in me didn't take Active's claim on face value but a couple of the other forum posters are legit members. I just want this rough idle solved. Nothing's more embarrassing than sitting in a SC M3 that stalls at warm start ups ;p

Guest Graynor

I don't believe there's any part number on the injectors themselves but I'll look closely when I remove them. Otherwise on Active's parts list, the injectors are labelled as INJ50 but I think that's their in-house inventory code. 

Guest Graynor

Called Hy-tec and they gave me a verbal estimate. I'm planning to take the injectors off some time next week and drop off late next week. Thanks everyone!

Guest Graynor

Thanks! Definitely send me his number. I'm also concerned about down time since it's my daily so might be able to up the price if it's done faster :X