WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Body Panel Alignment Needed

Guest wallyworld

Guest wallyworld

Hey guys, I've been a member over on e46fanatics and one of the members recommended this forum. I think its great since most people are local within reason. 

Anyway last year I replace both bumpers and side skirts since when I got the car all the bumpers/side skirts were ugly and fiberglass. So when replacing the rear bumper the two nuts which hold the clip to align the bumper snapped off because they were rusted. This left only the bolt in the hole so I couldnt put the clips to align the bumper in (plus it was starting to rain and I was working outside). So the rear bumper is on but the alignment is cringe worthy (sticking out about 1 cm from fender on both sides).

I figure this would be a pretty straightforward job to take the bumper off and and drill out those bolts so I can put the clips in but I don't really have the tools nor the knowledge to do this. 

How much would something like this cost? I found someone on craigslist who has said he works on e46s but it kinda looks like he just has all the service manuals which doesnt really means he has experience working on this stuff. 

Guest wallyworld

Would I want to drill out the current rusted in bolts? I looked at it this weekend and it looks manageable, I just need to take the wheels off so I can get a better look as what I am working with. It almost looks like I wont have to take off the bumper which is what I'm hoping for.