WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Anyone done an OBD2 into OBD2 Swap?

M318

Question

13 answers to this question

my m44 was obd2 all 96 and up vehicles are obd2. I just want to install my obd2 s52 and keep it obd2. Its a PITA to convert to obd1. Also a PITA to keep it OBD2 because of the EWS2 system. My DME is not going to recogonize the EWS2 chip in my key that I have because the DME looks for a specific code. :( I believe that i am in for trouble. Im going to put the motor in this week and worry about that shit when the time comes to start it. I found a place that can remove my EWS2 system in my DME by reflashing it and it costs around 400 dollars :(

So basically I was wondering if someone else has a S52 in their 96 and up vehicle and kept it OBD2 and how they did it. All of the builds I have read about were talking about doing the OBD1 conversion. It is pretty frustrating. I could buy an M3 but my car is the cleanest I have ever seen in my body style, without a speck of rust anywhere on the vehicle ( I check it constantly and clean under gaskets and ext.)