WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Shadowline trim DIY vinyl? Anyone tried it?

Guest norsairius

Guest norsairius

I've been looking at this: http://shadowlinetrim.com/shadowlinevinyls.html

I'm curious to give it a shot. I'd like to put blacked out kidney grilles on my car, but I don't wanna do it until I've at least covered up the chrome on the window trim. I just think the car would look weird as a whole to have the chrome kidney grilles be black but the window trim still be chrome.

Has anyone applied vinyl to their window trim before? Was it easy? Heck, I'd even be willing to consider having a local indy shop do it if it wouldn't be too expensive.

Guest norsairius

No, but sounds like a slick idea for newer cars/cars under warranty.  If you get it done, post some pics. 

Like all of my mods plans, they're more or less on hold probably until next spring, but I'm just gathering ideas. I'm just trying to save money because of other stuff going on in life right now, haha, so car mods were among the first things to be put on hold.

This is my list right now:

• Shadowline trim
  • Matte black kidney grille inserts (or gloss if I go with gloss shadowline vinyl)
  • Angel eye LEDs
  • BMW Performance Exhaust (this one obviously being the most expensive)

A quick search showed that tint shops could potentially do this too, so I may end up seeing how much that costs. I'd rather have it done right, even if it costs me a bit. I'll definitely report back here if/when I get it done.