WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Sealed Spherical Upper Control Arm Bushings....Coming Soon

tsweers89

Question

Didn't know what section to put this in so I put it here.

I'll get straight to the point no yada yada yada. e34,e31,e32,e28,e24 community has 3 options for Spherical Upper Control Arm Bushings. Wokke and Moosehead. Wokke are great but come from over the pond and shipping is quite a bit of $$$ from Germany. Moosehead are also ok, but not sealed so after time sand and road debris will get into the joint and you will be rebuilding it again. If that's what you want then go for it. AKG are not sealed and do not offer rebuild kits either. I wanted a sealed, maintenance free Spherical bearing. Well after doing some R&D we have come up with this.

IMG957357_zps63b3755e.jpg
IMG952450_zps37f2e758.jpg
IMG956255_zps9104b3a7.jpg

Quick overview

• - Meyle upper control arms
  • - special spherical bearing for automotive, replace the OEM rubber bushings
  • - bearings are sealed and maintenance free
  • - easy mounting since no preloading is required as with OEM parts

OEM Part numbers
for comparison only
BMW E24 / E28
31 12 1 132 353 and 31 12 1 132 354
BMW E31 / E32
31 12 1 139 999 and 31 12 1 140 000
BMW E34
31 12 1 141 097 and 31 12 1 141 098

Will be testing them in the up and coming weeks on a few shop cars. Will let everyone know the results then. Until then, Good day. Also in the R&D process for lower control arm spherical bearings also which will be the same quality as oem but a little bit cheaper.

5 answers to this question

As of right now pricing will be as follows

Uppers:$370 shipped. Include Meyle arms and lemforder bearings pressed in ready to go
Lowers:$350 shipped. Include Meyle arms and lemforder bearings pressed in ready to go

This is group buy pricing with 10 sets of each needing to be sold before I will make a run.  This group buy will be including e34,e24,e31,e28 So it will be easier to get to the 10 sets.

This is still about 2 weeks out. Just gauging interest right now. I do not know how many runs I will be doing to if your interested get in now.

So ya Brian this is probably to rich for your blood. LoL