WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Poly or OEM Rubber?

andyhundley

hey guys i am going to be ordering new control arms in the next week or 2 and was curious if I should get factory rubber m3 offset CAB's or Poly M3 offset CAB's. the car is on billie sports with vogtland springs currently but i am going to be buying fresh billie sportys and H&R races. i would like to get into tracking the car next year once the suspension and other odds and ends are sorted out. Will poly bushings be too harsh for street use on our fine Milwaukee streets as the car serves as a DD in the summer. Input from you guys would be much appreciated! Thanks

I have 85 Shore A rear bushings. They are not at all harsh. I wish I would have gone stiffer. As for the front. whatever you get, get offset. I believe Treehouse racing has a delrin offset bushing. I have M3 offset now. It is very cozy, I can handle more harshness and will probably step it up a notch when these wear out. You will have to drive my car and see if its too soft/harsh for you