WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Kidney grille inserts for only $45? Too good to be true?

Guest norsairius

Guest norsairius

http://www.jgmods.com/index.php/bmw-e9x-3-series-matte-black-kidney-grills-2006-2011-e90-sedan-e92-coupe-e93-convertible-325i-328i-330i-335i-335d-335xi-328xi.html

Looks like JG Mods is selling the matte black kidney grille inserts for $45 for 2007-2010 E92 coupes. Anything to be concerned about? They don't appear to be any different from the grille inserts I've seen on other sites, but they're just so much cheaper (closer to $80 elsewhere) that I'm wondering if it's too good to be true, haha.

Not talking down about JG Mods at all, but I'm wondering what you all think. Anyone here have experience with JG Mods?

Guest Mott Power

I bought my painted gloss black grills for around the same price - no issues what-so-ever.  They are simple plastic molds and are cheap to manufacture - they make a big profit off of $45 actually.

Guest norsairius

Where did you get the painted gloss black for that price???

I want to buy new ones so I can keep the stock ones as backups for any reason.

I'm actually leaning towards keeping the stock ones in though since it keeps some contrast on the front end, but the all black look just looks sportier too, haha.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest norsairius

Holding off on modding for now, other stuff I gotta devote my money towards, haha. I'll probably end up ordering from JG Mods. I'm debating if I want matte black or if I should pay the extra money and get the color-matched one.

Other thing though, is I'm wondering if it'll look weird to have a blacked out front grille with the chrome trim around the windows. I could really go either way on this one otherwise.

Guest jafza412

+1 on plasti-dip! You might get some stone chips within a year or so, but you just peel it off and do it again. I've seen pics of some shitty grilles off eBay where the fins blend into the frame and there is a lot of extra plastic in the joints and doesn't look clean at all. The delivered product didn't look like that of the pics shown. Just a heads up.

Guest Mott Power

Where did you get the painted gloss black for that price???

I want to buy new ones so I can keep the stock ones as backups for any reason.

I'm actually leaning towards keeping the stock ones in though since it keeps some contrast on the front end, but the all black look just looks sportier too, haha.

I debated keeping mine in for the same reason and it might look better since you have chrome window trim.  I thought the gloss black complimented my shadow trim real nicely so I went with some that matched it.  I got mine at http://www.khoalty.com

photo39_zps419f5e5b.jpg