WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

SOLD: 1995 525i Sedan - Manual

SOLD

WIBimmers Price: $4500

IMG_4657.jpeg

Snow got you stuck? Don’t want to rust out your nice car/truck? Want an affordable fun car? This might be the car for you! It’s a 1995 BMW 525i with a 5-speed manual, 130,xxx miles. Purchased by my dad in 2018, I purchased it in 2021. Only selling because I bought @m42b32’s E91 and don’t drive this anymore. 

This car has an extensive maintenance history, please see the end of the ad for a full list. Lots of work in the last two years. I also have a few options for wheels and tires.  

The paint/body on this car is fair for its age, it’s not show car quality but doesn’t have any clear coat failure evident; mostly scratches, dings, chips and a few small dents. Rust is present on the door bottoms; the rest of the car is pretty clean. Couple small spots on the underside but nothing wild. Wasn’t driven in the snow often before it came to WI (lived in Jersey from new to ~2017). Nose of the car was repainted at one point I believe.

Issues include small windshield crack, A/C stopped working this summer, drivers rear window and lock actuator not working, couple small tears in drivers seat bottom, slight stitching pull on the top of the rear seatback, and drivers door brake removed due to it tearing the bolts holding it to the door out (common e34 issue, not due to hitting something with it). Blower motor just went but will be replaced before sale. I have a full booklet of maintenance history going back to the early 2000’s, and have roughly 80 images of various points on the car as well - just ask if you have any questions at all.

Things I’d probably recommend eventually would be shifter refresh, rear shocks, diff oil change, and eventually rear subframe bushings; they were all always on the list but I never got to them. Definitely doesn’t need them anytime in the near future but I’m picky about my shit. 

All my spares will be included for the asking price; mostly interior switchgear and trim bits.

WIBimmers asking price w/ spare parts and no extra wheels: $4500 OBO. No trades unless @wasnt m3 wants to swap for his clownshoe…

Current wheels: Car will come on stock 15”x7” bottlecap wheels and 205/65R15 Continental VikingContact winter tires; these are superb in the snow. I’ve driven through 20”+ drifts and foot high unplowed streets without issue. Date codes are I believe from 2021; tons of tread left. Maybe 12k miles on them? Purchased in late 2021

Extra wheel options include: 

- Full square set of 17x8.5” MOMO Heritage 6 wheels in satin black; purchased new by me in 2022. Good tread on the 235/45R17 Michelin Pilot A/S 3+’s that are mounted, I want to say date codes show 2018 or 2019 but not positive. I’d ask an additional $800 for the set with the car or $1000 separate for you guys. Retail price when they were still available was roughly $325/wheel. Neat wheels, and in good condition with only a few bucks here and there. No rash or bends. 

I also have a set of stock 15x7” style 5 basket weaves with two good and two trash tires, $100 extra for those. I’ll throw them in for free if you have a set of wheels and tires that hold air and fit a e28 well enough to roll it onto a trailer. 

Final wheel set option is a partially complete and partially refinished set of style 20/21 M-Systems. I have four forged wheels, 3X complete turbine covers in good used condition, and 4 caps - I’m missing only a left side cover and fan to complete the set. Wheels have been stripped/blasted to bare metal, checked to ensure they’re perfectly straight and true, and the lips polished out; a few lips need some final finish polishing but they’re generally very close to ready for paint. TBD on asking, I’d like to finish them myself and sell them but if you’re serious and interested, shoot me a message and I’ll send photos/details. 

Completed Maintenance and Upgrades

This likely isn’t an exhaustive list and doesn’t include a lot of the little trim bits, clips and minor stuff done over the years, but these are the heavy hitters:

General:

• OEM BMW roof rails will be included with the car
  • Chrome door trim has been “shadowlined” with vinyl trim tape; easily removable if you prefer the chrome look

Interior/Exterior/Electrical:

• General module
  • New sunroof button panel
  • Auxiliary audio input wired into CD changer; completely reversible (I made a custom wiring harness) and exiting below stability control button
  • Drivers front window regulator
  • New midsection door trim
  • Trunk shocks
  • New battery last winter
  • Various side trim pieces replaced - all with genuine BMW pieces
  • Blower motor replaced and fuse de-rated to 20A to fix common wire melting issue - no evidence of problems with this car
  • Rear headrests added from an E32; rare to find on US model E34’s
  • I have a E32 rear motorized sunblind kit that I can include; it’ll require cutting to fit but would be an awesome upgrade 

Steering and Suspension:

• Upper and lower front control arms replaced in fall of 2021 - used E31 and M5 arms (spherical/solid rubber) for improved handling and longevity. All Lemforder components. 
  • Front shocks, shock mounts, and all related hardware replaced in fall of 2021 with OEM Sachs/lemorder components 
  • Front sway bar links changed in 2020
  • I have a set of new Lemforder tie rods to go with the car as well; I never got around to installing them

Brakes:

• All new OEM pads and rotors last year all the way around
  • Both front calipers replaced (and slide pins regreased before install)
  • New front soft brake lines
  • Hardlines all look good

Engine/Driveline:

• New clutch master and slave last year
  • Z3 shift lever - shorter throw. I believe I have the original still and can include it. 
  • ZHP shift knob
  • Giubo replaced last year; CSB was fine but I have a spare I didn’t install that I’ll include with the car
  • Transmission shift shaft and output shaft seals replaced this summer - major job
  • Alternator replaced last winter with an OEM Bosch unit
  • Serpentine belt, tensioner, and pulleys replaced in 2021
  • VANOS seals replaced this summer; valve cover gasket replaced at the same time
  • New serpentine belt, a/c belt, pulleys, and tensioners in summer of 2021
  • Metal impeller water pump installed in 2017-ish

• P_Roloff changed the title to SOLD: 1995 525i Sedan - Manual