WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

1989 325iX-Need help! APB for iX owners!

rampelsauce

Question

Hey all, Im new to the Bimmer wrenching scene, and Im looking for some spiritual guidance on my iX. If anyone lives near Wauwatosa and would be willing to have a look at my ride, send me a message. I work down at Jamie's Customs in Big Bend, and Im here pretty much everyday. So if anyone is local to Big Bend, feel free to drop by during the day on Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday (our "slower" days). Thanks all!

9 answers to this question

Well, I have a lot of AWD transmission questions, and to the best of my knowledge they dont cover any iX drive train in the Bentley manual. Plus I need help doing a jack test (I dont have a jack currently). Mainly I need someone to come look at my car and help me acknowledge all the issues that need fixing. Im used to working on motorcycles that are pre-1970. And I find transmissions/drive trains on AWD auto trans cars intimidating. Plus I need someone with some knowledge of building E30's in general to give me some idea of what modifications I should go for. This is really my first time trying to "build" a faster/more agile than stock car. Thanks all!

Guest chopsoflamb

Where in Tosa? I just moved to 88th n Center, previously 69th n Lloyd.

I also happen to plan on going to Jamie's Customs this weekend to look at bikes.