WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

2002 E46 M3 For Sale (Slicktop - Trackday Car) 90K Miles - $17,700

dastuz

*For those more active members, this is the known as the loudest E46 M3 around

For sale is my 2002 BMW M3 (E46). This is a slicktop model (no sunroof). I have been unable to find reliable data about the rarity of slicktop models, but anecdotaly they appear to be quite rare. The motor has stock internals (minus the prior owner having the bearing recall done). It has 90,000 original miles on the car. The oil is changed every 1,000 miles with Redline's 10W 60 Oil. Transmission and differential both have Redline's own brand of high temp fluids. The car is definitely loud both in sound and appearance. The low stance, big tires, racing seats, and dark rims get looks and comments wherever it goes. I have roughly $30,000 into the vehicle (not including the purchase price – see below). I have built the car to almost track day specifications. A cage or harness bar would be the final piece of that build.

Engine -The car runs strong and has no engine issues. The catless header does cause O2 codes – see exhaust section below

Body - the body is in fair condition - the car is not a show car it has some minor scratches/nicks.  Kidney grill and side vents were swapped from chrome to black

Interior – the interior of the car is the part of the build I did not finish. I gutted the car for track day usage. The speakers, amplifier, radio, etc. have all been removed. I did not delete any of the wires in the harness, so someone could reconnect or remove those unused wires. My car suffered from the E46 painted trim issues. It bubbled and cracked. I got a coverup kit for it, but I would recommend buying the new trim pieces. I still have much of the interior in storage – Stock seats, OEM rims and tires, intake, etc. if someone wishes to go back to a full interior. The largest item that would need to be purchased would be the carpet.

Handling -The car drives very well. The suspension and set up makes the car handle very well. Please note that the suspension, bushings, seat, and tires mean that the ride is more track oriented. The car is very stiff!

History / Full Disclosure

The vehicle suffered a crash at Blackhawk Farms a few years ago. After this crash I had the driver side front fender touched up, the hood touched up, bought a new front bumper with new bumper shocks, had a new OEM trunk installed, had the passenger rear quarter panel and tail light pocket completely rebuilt, and bought a new rear bumper and bumper bar. When I had the front of the car apart I upgraded the radiator, the water pump, thermostat, and oil cooler. I took the vehicle to International Autos for a complete scan on their body scan system to confirm that the “safety box” of the vehicle was unchanged and square. It was confirmed that it was square and fully intact. All of the body work was performed by a professional. There is no record of the accident on the vehicle history report (carfax) as the incident was not reported to the officials (accident was on a racetrack not on a roadway)

Modifications

Engine

AFE Stage 2 CAI

VAC Underdrive Pulley Set

CPV replaced 2013

Vanos Filter replaced 2013

Polyurethane Motor Mounts

A/C Delete

Secondary Air Pump Delete

Cooling

New Water Pump 2015 (updated plastic impeller)

Lower (55 deg C) Thermostat 2015

Silicone Radiator Hoses 2015

SPAL Pull Electric Fan (Clutch Fan Deleted) 2015

Mishimoto Aluminum Radiator

Mishimoto Upgraded Oil Cooler

Exhaust

Status Gruppe Catless Header - This does cause a O2 error to trigger

Bimmer World Mid-Pipe (I have both Resonated and Straight Pipes) – I currently have the resonated pipe installed.

Section 3 is also the Bimmerworld Race Exhaust

Suspension

Height Adjustable Progressive Coilovers

Turner Motorsports Front and Rear Sway Bar & adjustable endlinks

Powerflex FCAB

Powerflex RCAB

Rear Subframe Reinforcement (Turner Kit)

-The mounting points were in perfect condition when this preventative item was done – I have photos of this process

Powerflex Poly Subframe Bushings

ECS Tuning Adjustable Lower Control Arms

Rear Strut Bar

Cusco Front Strut Bar

Front Camber Plates

Corner Balanced (Big Bear Tire)

Drivetrain

Replaced Flex Disk 2014

Polyurethane Transmission Mounts

BMW 128d Euro Model Shifter (OEM BMW short throw option for e46 M3)

ZHP weighted OEM Shift Nob

Brakes

Stoptech Stage 2 Upgrade (rotors, pads, SS lines)

Motul 600 Brake Fluid

Wheels

Apex Arc 8’s – Matte Black

Have OEM rims as well

Tires

4X – Dunlop Dirrezza Star Specs 275’s

Interior

OMP First R Seats (X2)

VAC Adapter Seat Brackets (X2)

Simpson 6pt Harness (X2)

Scan Gauge 2

Interior Strip/Gut