WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

New Member & M6 From Far Northern Wisconsin

USAF M6

Would like to introduce myself. My name is Dean and my home is in Iron River Wisconsin near Lake Superior. Am currently deployed to Afghanistan on a 1-year tour set to come home in July. Really missing my car since I haven't seen her in quite a while. Have been purchasing parts for her while over here and am eager to get home and get all these parts installed.

My car is an 07 M6, Sapphire black, 6-speed man-trans and every possible option. Have performed quite a few upgrades already to include an underdrive pulley, removal of secondary cats, resonators, h-pipe, & stock mufflers and replaced all of that with a single X-Flo muffler. Also have RPI Scoops, block-off plates, BMC Filters, and carbon filter delete. Just had a new set of 20" Forgestar CF10 Wheels delivered to my sons home and am anxious to get those on the car when I get there. I'll attach a pic of the wheels.

Have also now purchased a Nitrous Express dual nozzle wet system with a stand-alone fuel system injecting E85 with the nitrous shot. When I get home I'll be gutting the primary cats and installing an ESS ECU reflash to account for all the mods and the timing retard requirements for the 200 HP shot of nitrous.

Should be about 775 HP at the crank and will be at the dyno for official numbers in early August.

Look forward to spending time on this board while here in Afghanistan and will hope to one day run into some of you somewhere in Wisconsin.

Dean

post-771-136211546878_thumb.jpg

post-771-136211546884_thumb.jpg

post-771-136211546888_thumb.jpg

post-771-136211546893_thumb.jpg

post-771-136211546897_thumb.jpg

post-771-136211546901_thumb.jpg

post-771-136211546904_thumb.jpg

Edited by USAF M6

Thanks for your appreciation for my service. Yeah, it's definitely fast. The intake and exhaust mods really woke that motor up & allowed it to breath. To hear that V-10 turning 8200 RPM is a sweet music! It's such a comfortable car to drive too. Luxury at high speed that's for sure.

Here's a link to a video my son took of a fly by last year. Sorry he was a little shaky but we'll get some better videos when I get home in July.

Forgot to mention in my first post but my son & I just entered the Michigan Gumball Rally. This is going to be a fun event and hopefully some of my fellow Wisconsin Bimmer owners can join us for this. Here's a link to our rally team Facebook page and we would appreciate if you would go to our page and "like" it. Whichever team gets the most likes wins prizes and our chosen charity is the Wounded Warrior Project. Please help us help them. I did post additional info on this rally in the events section of this board.

Thanks!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Michigan-Gumball-Rally-Team-USAF-M6-07/142715419182184

I'm going to venture to say your a pilot or at least an officer. I did 5 years as an SP/SF, got out May 2010.

Welcome aboard and good looking 6er!

Thanks guys. Nope alexw, a Chief assigned as a reservist to HQ ACC Langley. Where were you for your 5 years? Possibly Ramstein or Spang since I see your car on the "Ring"? Spent most of the last 2 years at Aviano on an active duty TDY. Miss the Autostrada & Autobahn.

Ah! I bought my M3 from a retired Cheif. I wish my Cheif was a BMW guy!

I spent a year at Osan, and the rest at a tiny base named Vogelweh, AB near Ramstein. I too miss the autobahn!

Thanks guys. Nope alexw, a Chief assigned as a reservist to HQ ACC Langley. Where were you for your 5 years? Possibly Ramstein or Spang since I see your car on the "Ring"? Spent most of the last 2 years at Aviano on an active duty TDY. Miss the Autostrada & Autobahn.

Gorgeous car!! Any plans for suspension?

Thanks wasnt m3. I'll know more about suspension possibilities once I get home and mount the new wheels that are there waiting for me. The rear wheels are 11" wide and will be running 305/30/20's rear & 255/35/20 on 9" front wheels so once I get those on and verify clearance I'll know what I can do. Planning to lower 1" all around but just need to verify clearance first. Other than that, no, no other suspension mods planned. This car tracks like a dream now and couldn't imagine needing anything more. The M engineers did a great job on this car and if you ever get a chance to drive one please do, you'll be hooked. Edited by USAF M6