WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

E30 coilovers or spring/shocks

AsparagusMike

Question

Alright folks here's the scoop, I have myself a 91 e30 318is and I need some help. The cars stock with probably most of the original parts, It's got 118,000 miles on it. I got plans to drive it daily in the summer for now so I can kind of work all the bugs out of it. I have read so many forums and comments on the Frickin computer that my mind is gonna explode and I still feel clueless on what to do. The suspension.......is junk. The car is super bouncy and not good. You hit the gas to the floor and the car squats alot alot. Now first of all I should let you know that it aint gonna be much of a track car cause I live in the valley and there ain't nothin for tracks so yets call it a fun weekend car, that's what it's gonna be after this year. I was considering on buying some bc coilovers with swift springs. I read a lot about how they were good quality at a resonable price but I wasn't sure on whether it was really worth it (cause they are still like $1000 which is a lot of money I could put towards other parts) but if they are worth it I'm willing to spend it. Am i better off spending less and getting a nice set of springs and shocks? but which ones? How do they compare? Any help would be sweet. :) I also should include that when I say weekend fun, I mean like reckless driving and drifting so whatever I get better be able to handle my unlawfully crazy driving ;)

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Okay I'm running into an issue. I was going through about to order the bc racing br series coilovers and I called the company as well asking about this. I guess they no longer provide rubber top mounts for the e30 coilover sets, only pillow ball. Now I did some reading up on the pillow ball top mounts and people were saying that the ride isn't gonna be as smooth as the rubber top mounts. I guess I really don't have a choice cause thats all they offer. Should I just go for it anyways or maybe look at a different brand?....did they use to have rubber top mounts or was it always this way?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk