WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Anyone running JOM coilovers or Vogtland Junior Cup kit?

shaneomac1602

Question

I'm looking forward to picking up new wheels, tires, and suspension this spring. I have the wheels and tires planned out, but can't decide on suspension. I was wondering if anyone local has either JOM Coilovers or Vogtland Junior Cup kit on their E36 so I might be able to take a ride in your car to feel them to make sure I'm going to like them before spending the money on them. Thanks.

Shane

19 answers to this question

Well those are the two I'm debating between. Which do you have? I'm just saying if I buy the vogtlands, then discover I like the jom better, then ill feel I wasted my money. I want something stiffer than stock, drop about 1-1.5, but not harsh since I carry clients for my business from time to time. Otherwise I would get track suspension. Seeing as how there's the group buy on bimmerforums for jom coilovers for $360, I'm leaning towards those right now

I'm just gonna chime in and remind you that you get what you pay for. None of the cheap coilovers are serviceable. So when the cheap shocks are worn out, you're gonna be shopping for new coilovers. I would personally never run any of these and recommend that you save for something decent. In the end, it's your car do what you want.