WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Do I consider buying this?

i_love_cars

http://www.diamondmotorworks.com/detail-2010-bmw-m3-414hp_m_power_v8-used-13218737.html

Potentially tough decision here. Found this red e92 M3 with a 6MT in Naperville. I kinda want it. I love my 1er to death, but I also love V8s, especially an M3 V8. 

I have been in contact with them about details of my car for trade-in purposes, nothing firm yet. 

The tough part for me is this: my 1er suffices in this particular locale for the rarity factor, as well as looks. It also is just as fast as the M3 in practical DD scenarios. I'll go faster around a track in the M3 of course which is part of why i want it, and also the V8 - the linear power delivery is better for the track IMO. I'm just debating that given the state of my 135 with only 40k miles on it, and modded basically just how I want it - is the step up for the V8 and better suspension for an extra 15k really worth it. 

true, i suppose with 15k i could do a 1M rear conversion. One of my big issues with this car is the lack of options around wheel offsets and ability to stuff wide tires under the wheelwells. Even with fender pulls and camber plates, you can't get a good square or staggered setup on the car. Only way to do it is with a 1M rear conversion, and if you want wider tires in front, you need to drop 2k on a widebody kit (unpainted of course). 

I've considered doing M3 bits i.e. bushings, control arms and whatnot but it's still a softer car than the M3 at the track. 

I guess I agree with your logic, I'm just trying to convince myself that the V8 isn't worth it.