WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Legit Painters around here?

Ryan...

What I don't understand is why you'd do a "$50 paint job" with rustoleum and not just get a legitimate single stage catalyzed paint instead. It's not a huge price difference. What, 150 or 200 in materials tops? Working with catalyzed paint takes the mystery out of the drying/cure time. Oh, and Ryan. If you really want the real experience of painting a car, do it all and do it all right. It's the best practice you'll ever get.

Interlux is far superior to Rustoleum. It is a topside and hull paint made to stand up to weather. I've done the Rustoleum on a car and it doesn't last but a year before fading. I've done Interlux on a whole car and on sailboats and it works fine.

If Ryan doesnt want to stick a lot of $ in the Boobaru it is an acceptable way to go.

Interlux is far superior to Rustoleum. It is a topside and hull paint made to stand up to weather. I've done the Rustoleum on a car and it doesn't last but a year before fading. I've done Interlux on a whole car and on sailboats and it works fine.

If Ryan doesnt want to stick a lot of $ in the Boobaru it is an acceptable way to go.

I am familiar with Interlux, and I know it's a totally different paint. I was posting in reference to the post above yours, but you snuck one in while I was typing.

Yeah I would like to do it the legit way. I have access to a good spray gun from my uncle and any other painting tools I may need. 

I'm going to be filling/shaving the side markers and debadging the trunk before painting. I'm excited to do it, but I'm not going to go full on removing the glass etc... probably use plasti dip in the door jams and interior trunk bits if I dont feel like doing the prep work in those tight spaces.