WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

1998 328i Radiator Replacement Leaking

xgeetx

Question

Hey Guys,

I just did my first major car repair, and swapped out my cooling system on my 1998 328i e36 following the guide on Pelican Parts! For the most part, it was a success (car didn't blow up), but I noticed a leak at my Nissens radiator's lower hose connector spot (neck?). I loosened and retightened the hose clamp, and when I made it pretty darn tight I noticed the leak slowed down significantly, but it's still there. I noticed the connector has more of a lip than the ribbed connection that the stock radiator had... so maybe the hose clamp isn't in the most optimal position. Any of you had this issue and fix it without swapping the radiator? Googling this specific issue seems a lot of people have issues with the Nissens radiator in this exact spot...

Do you guys think I need to grab a new radiator, one that has the multi-ribbed necks vs. the single-rib that Nissens has, or should I just try to reseat the hose & clamp until I can get it to stop dripping.

Any feedback would be great!!

5 answers to this question