WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

OktoberFAST @ Road America

merl

• 3 weeks later...

So, I am running the 750i/540i brake setup ... I run the same front pads as a e36 M3 and the same rear as a e34 540i so I have a fair share of options

Any recommendations for track pads ... I would prefer something I could drive to the track on.

I've been using Hawk HP+ in the front. I've read that they make a lot of noise out on the street but I really have not experienced much of that at all. Just a random squeak here and there. Maybe it's because I bedded them in properly according to the instructions on the box, which can be a huge pain in the ass. They do make for lots of dust. But I find them very useable on the street except when they are cold in rainy conditions. And they make an amazing difference on track. I'll be putting a set in the rear too. Looking forward to seeing how much of a difference that makes.

Be careful with the hp+. When they fall off they tend to do so dramatically. In the future think about a dedicated track pad like the PFC 08 or Hawk HT 10. Big step up in initial braking bite, resistance to fade, and ability to modulate over the hp+. I've been using the PFC compounds for a while now, first the 06 and now the 08. More expensive but wear well.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...