WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Wrench day?

straight6pwr

Guys-

Going to be tacking my LSD swap tomorrow (June 25th, Saturday) in my driveway. If anyone has a project they want to work on or need help with, you should come on by for a wrenching day! Its supposed to be warm and sunny. Will be working from 10am-? and could throw some brats on the grill for lunch. Let me know (you might have my number) by posting or PMing me.

Dan

Guest Celina325is

Next on my list is to fix my AC/Blower motor. Add freon, replace blower motor, replace resistor, cross fingers. I just rolled over 200k miles and am still looking for things to replace. Also in the mail right now is a Fuel filter, hood supports, and I want to flush/replace the coolant, transfluid, diff fluid, brake fluid. Any other suggestions?

no one came by, but heres what got done:

Did some work today. Swapped to a lower lsd and finished up the sway bar fix. had Pat at Kummrow weld up a new tab the other day, so when I had the LSD out, it was the perfect time to get the sway bar bolted back in.

Bolt up new bracket and drill holes accordingly.

Posted Image

Bolt on. It is a tight squeeze, especially with this particular sway bar which is too short before it turns 90deg at the ends. Lots of cursing here.

Posted Image

Posted Image

The diff swap:

Jack car up (look at those tonka trunk sized tires!)

Posted Image

PB Blaster is your friend. Coat EVERYTHING.

Posted Image

From left, and the order which they get removed: 12 axle bolts, 4 driveshaft bolts, 2 upper rear subframe bolts, 2 upper front subframe bolts, bushing bolt.

Posted Image

be a man and drop the diff without the jack! (sandbag works great to catch it)

Posted Image

replacement LSD ready to go in.

Posted Image

Installation is the opposite of removal, only faster!

Edited by straight6pwr