WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Military members? Any?

Brian.

Just curious if there is any military members in this forum. I know that the guy with the newer M6 up north is. He's currently out on a few missions. But is there anyone else

Myself:

I'm apart of the 2/127th Infantry Battalion. (Red Arrow) Been in for over 2 years. Shot some big ass weaponry. Made some damn good friends.

Here's probably one of the FEW photo's I have of myself in my ASU's. With one of the baddest mother fuckers I've ever met.

Posted Image

The pay isn't the greatest is it?

I once was going to go into the Marines. I took the practice ASVAB (spelling) and almost aced it. I was told that I could select any position (I figured it was BS). I then decided not to join because I didn't want to be away from my friends and family. I also didn't think it would have been the things for me, but sometimes I wonder what would have happened if I did join. I probably wouldn't be as cool and would have became a stuck up asshole. Well....not to offend anyone, but that's how every Marine I've encountered is.

The pay isn't the greatest is it?

I once was going to go into the Marines. I took the practice ASVAB (spelling) and almost aced it. I was told that I could select any position (I figured it was BS). I then decided not to join because I didn't want to be away from my friends and family. I also didn't think it would have been the things for me, but sometimes I wonder what would have happened if I did join. I probably wouldn't be as cool and would have became a stuck up asshole. Well....not to offend anyone, but that's how every Marine I've encountered is.

They pay is okay. If you go active, they pay for your housing, meals (if you'd like to eat at the decaf), but you become a secluded asshole. You have to live on base unless you're married, and on base has everything you'll ever need, movie theatres, gas stations, stores like walmart but 10x better.

An the thing about marines, is almost 100% true. I have a few friends in the marines. An they're not bad, but alot of Marines let "them being a marine" go to their head...

I applied for the NROTC when I was a wee lad. Never heard back after all the interviews and such. My cousin is in the Air force, he is a crew chief for an F16 (?I think). He just got accepted into the Top Gun Program which I thing is totally awesome.

I've always respected the military, and teach my kids to do the same. I understand and appreciate what you do for our country and how important it is. However, that being said, I do not feel that being in the military gives anyone a pass at being a decent human being the rest of their lives. So many complete D-bad ex-military that I've come accross.

I applied for the NROTC when I was a wee lad. Never heard back after all the interviews and such. My cousin is in the Air force, he is a crew chief for an F16 (?I think). He just got accepted into the Top Gun Program which I thing is totally awesome.

I've always respected the military, and teach my kids to do the same. I understand and appreciate what you do for our country and how important it is. However, that being said, I do not feel that being in the military gives anyone a pass at being a decent human being the rest of their lives. So many complete D-bad ex-military that I've come accross.

ROTC/Officer school. = dark side. Us Enlisted aren't fans of Officers. ;) kidding. Congrats on your cousin, Top gun isn't easy to get into, let alone alot of the jobs in the airforce, aside from a desk jockey job.

I agree on what you said about past military, my neighbor (the drug dealer) served over seas years and years ago (he's easily 60) and he keeps doing stupid shit in my neighborhood/property and he always goes, "well if you have a problem, you can take it up with the vet center, because I'm a vet!" Which is like, "cool.. you were a clean up crew for Vietnam. You didn't do anything particularly special."

• 2 weeks later...

Well...

I joined the Air Force in 2005, got out in 2010. I was "Security Forces" but spent the last three and a half as an SP or Security Police. I was assigned to the last true law enforcement unit in the Air Force. We did a lot more than a typical Security Forces unit or Military Police unit. In fact, we worked jointly with the Army MP's (and I married one). They served as OUR partners.

I worked in South Korea, doing more base defense shit before I got to Germany. When in Germany, we also worked with the German Polizei. I "deployed" to Qatar, which was actually an Army mission. While it was not dangerous (more so than anywhere else), I was working well outside of my paygrade and had some interesting duties. I did a few PSD missions for some of the top Generals in the region who would come. For those who aren't aware, Qatar is the home of many of the commands that lead the war(s)...

While in, I worked with all branches, arrested people in each... I don't "bleed Air Force blue" and I don't compare dick sizes with other branches. I did volunteer for combat deployments, yes the AF (Security Forces) has them. For whatever reason, I got "lucky" and didn't go. It's something that admittedly troubles me, and I have regrets over. I had the best and worst times while in the military. I have some uniform photos somewhere I can post, back when I was skinny.

• 2 weeks later...

No, actually. From years of kicking in doors, and doing ruck marches with 80LB rucks, along with my 30lb machine gun, it took a huge toll on my knees/joints. I currently have almost no cartilage in my lower joints. Also part of the reason why I drive an automatic, and not a manual right now.