WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Ci Intervention

TDesire

I recently picked up a 2000 328Ci on a whim not really knowing a lot about it. It’s my first E46 platform car and I’m learning a lot quickly on their weak points. 
From what I have been able to gather, the car was running and was taken apart to install an m50 manifold. It has now been through a few owners and no one has been able to make it run properly again. 
So I drove over and picked the car up along with a bunch of extra parts in the trunk. 

IMG_7200.jpeg

IMG_7212.jpeg

I took inventory of what was included and realized that there was quite a bit missing. After a couple phone calls and a few hours in the car I had aquired an exhaust, an extra intake, and some missing ccv parts. With those sourced I sat down with some parts manuals and placed an order with fcp. 

And waited….. 

While I waited I tore everything apart to attempt to clean and get ready to put everything back together. Thats when I found it…. 

Cylinder 4-5-6 were full of water from the car being stored outside with no intake. I removed the plugs and turned the engine over by hand first to make sure nothing was tight. Followed by an air nozzle to blow as much water out of the cylinders as I possibly could. I poured some out in the cylinders and continued to turn it over by hand until I was confident that everything was moving smoothly. I’m not seeing any water in the oil which is good. It will be changed shortly here just to have a current record on the service. 

To be continued… 

1 hour ago, jc43089 said:

Nice find!  Hope you get it running without too much hassle.

Thanks! I really hope so as well. Slowly finding all kinds of fun hidden in this car. Ill have a better update soon with all the "fun"

1 hour ago, YoungCR said:

Welcome ! Bummer on the water but looking forward to following along on the build. Are those yellow E38 16” style 5’s?

Well spotted! I was really hoping to restore them back to original quality but unfortunately 3 out of the 4 are severely bent. I did have the one good wheel cleaned up and is ready for paint. It will make a nice spare. 

• 1 month later...