WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

WTB E30 ICV (1989)

para9bellum

Not sure what idle issues you're dealing with or what solutions you've tried but if you've already ruled out the assorted e30 intake leak sources have you tried cleaning the ICV? They can get gummed up and internal vane sticks causing idle issues. Worth a try if you haven't done this already and much cheaper than sourcing a replacement.  

Yeah, I appreciate the suggestion. I have tried cleaning it - the valve moves as it should and it “buzzes” with the ignition on. There is air passing through where it connects to the harness and possibly other leaks. I used some JB weld to “patch” it and see if that helped - and it did but long term it is going and a replacement is in order. 

That's wild, never ran into that one before where ICV itself is leaking at the connector or from cracks elsewhere. Must have led a hard life.  If nothing pops up from folks here, try R3V. You'll get some flakes with a WTB post but there are some good sellers still active there.  

Good luck on the hunt. I didn't realize new prices on BMW ICVs had gone crazy, Quick check results of usual sources: AutohausAZ $393; Guten Parts $438; ECS $458; FCP $515. 

Ebay: seller Germanonly has two Bosh #13411433626 listed: one for $67 +$12 shipping, one for $47 +$12. I haven't bought from them before but maybe worth checking out.