WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Road America? ALMS....

Guest quillbro

Guest quillbro

Anyone going up to the ALMS this summer at RA? Im planning on it. Wouldnt mind getting together or grill with some people. I usually get up there early, walk around and photo the paddock for awhile, then start drinking and get pretty decently hammered around the carousel corner.

Heres a photo set from the AMA + Daytona last weekend, notice i didnt mention nascar. It was a turn off that patrick dempsey was racing for mazda..... definitely not a steve mcqueen. I will admit Danika Patrick was actually doing really well though, till she got bumped off the track, funny but kinda wrong.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150959202466723.394798.514491722&type=3&l=b2b309867e

Guest quillbro

sweet....I bring a healthy amount of beer and a lot of bullshit. It would be fun. I think i paid full price last year ~80 bucks or so... I'll probably go Saturday. Anyway... I'll keep track of this thread. I was the only E30 there for the nascar race hahahaa. Not too suprising. I think probably one of like 5 bimmers at the track. Surprisingly the daytona race didnt really bring out the euro people.

Guest quillbro

What about vintage weekend guys? Thats coming up soon.

THought that allready happened...

Shit guess not... July 12-15. I'll probably go either Saturday or Sunday. Advance tickets are 40/each deadline 7/05/12.

Seen a bunch of porsche 917's up there for that weekend. Usually ALMS is training that weekend too and there are a bunch of Prototype cars doing track testing. Its def worth a go. Best weekend apart from ALMS IMHO. I somehow thought it allready happened. I guess I was thinking about the spring vintage... I'll post up what day i'm going when i figure.

Guest quillbro

Wow, no way.... keep me informed... I can bring lunch/beer at least. Jimmie johns subs or something or we can get hot food at the paddock area. Wife cant get off work.... so i'll be hoping to go Saturday, solo.