WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Flush Mount Valve Stems

Earl

Question

14 answers to this question

Guest quillbro

hmm... im thinking stlye 5's also for the e30. My buddy says they are played out... somehow i dont care since i have had a hardon for them for about 5 years or more.

Guest quillbro

Im thinking 16" style 5 single piece wheels. Kinda OEM+ look.

They also have stems on the lip though, so flushmounts would be good for that wheel as well. I assume you are doing e39 two piece style 5's?

Guest quillbro

Those would be it:) and i have a friend with a feebly refinished set of 16" style 5's that he is selling.

feebly as in weak? Or was that a typo....

I might be interested in them... how much? are they still 5x120?

for what its worth i was thinking of putting the style 5 splits on the e30 but I guess from what people say a fender roll is not good enough... you have to get fenders pulled, if you are running spacers. (im on 4x100).

The cost of a 5 lug swap is more than I would want to spend. I would rather just buy nice 4x100 RS for the price of 5 lug + wheels.

Guest quillbro

The RS would cost you well over a grand. And I meant freshly. If you run adapters you would need a ton of fender work to fit style 5 splits. On a 5 lug swap it wouldn't be bad.

Yeah not sure what to do... decisions decisions. I think my wheel whoring days are pretty much over. My euroweaves look nice, but im just not too fond of 15" on the e30, I ran several sets back in the day. But I never ran 16" and I think 16 or 17" would be perfect. More towards 16 though.

Also question for those who know. The 16 and 15" BBS RS shared the same size faces correct? You have to step up to a 17" RS to get a bigger face...???