WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Which company logo?

tsweers89

Suspensenators suggestions are good ones.  I've seen good results from 99designs.com  If you'd like to work with someone local I have 2 options for you, one is a car guy, he actually is the guy that owns the beetle that was pictured here from that VW meet at the parking garage.  He is an industrial designer and does awesome work.  The second is also an industrial designer.  She did my (www.c2s.com) and my wife's, logo, she's doing my website, and she does all the brochure design work for my wife.  It might be nice to have the same person do it all so it flows and works together.

PM me for more info if interested.

Bingo. Like I said, $500 is a lot for what you were given. Remember, logos do not last forever and sometimes have to be updated.

I would stay away from anything too specific. I know you're partial to BMWs, but I'd leave the emblem off, along with any other noticeable BMW silhouettes. Not only because you paint yourself into a corner, but because companies have those as registered trademarks. Ask me how I know.

If you want decent results, go to www.99designs.com. Designers from all over the world can build you a design according to your wants/needs. I think it's like $300 and you can choose the one(s) you like best. I'm not sure how it will stack up against what you've already been given, but I know there are some awesome designers on there if you can entice them to choose your project.

Thanks for the input. I think at this time we are going to go this route and see what is offered. For $500 I can get a logo and business card designed. I'm just frustrated at this point. I understand I didn't pay much for what I was offered but if I knew what I was going to get I wouldn't have don't it to begin with. I didn't approach him with the cost he told me what he charged. Eitherway I'm just going to pay up and be done with it.

Thanks for the input. I think at this time we are going to go this route and see what is offered. For $500 I can get a logo and business card designed. I'm just frustrated at this point. I understand I didn't pay much for what I was offered but if I knew what I was going to get I wouldn't have don't it to begin with. I didn't approach him with the cost he told me what he charged. Eitherway I'm just going to pay up and be done with it.

There is a certain way to go about 99Designs though. Do a little research on how you can market your "request" so it gets picked up by good designers.

I wouldn't let this current set of logos get you too frustrated. To be honest, he gave you a lot of decent options. The results are on par with average in this industry, but the price seems a little high. If 99Designs falls thru, I'd be happy to take a stab at designing a logo and business card. I just can't print the business cards. Good luck!

There is a certain way to go about 99Designs though. Do a little research on how you can market your "request" so it gets picked up by good designers.

I wouldn't let this current set of logos get you too frustrated. To be honest, he gave you a lot of decent options. The results are on par with average in this industry, but the price seems a little high. If 99Designs falls thru, I'd be happy to take a stab at designing a logo and business card. I just can't print the business cards. Good luck!

Do you have any informations regarding boosting my request to good designers?

Do you have any informations regarding boosting my request to good designers?

Google "how to have a good 99Designs contest" or something similar. I read a really good article once, but can't find it now.

I haven't actually put out a request myself before. I usually refer people there when I'm busy or don't think I can do a job to my client's standards.

I just can't print the business cards. Good luck!

Don't ever say this.  There are plenty of online printers who can do this.  I usually use overnightprints.com  They will even send them to you or your client with no overnightprints.com logod or ads so your client thinks they came from you.

99designs is great and you don't really need to try hard to get a solid response from a ton of designers.  Typically paying the additional fee for highlighting or featuring the listings is well worth it.  Most of the times the first few designers really nail it and the rest of tweak the designs that you have rated highly, in hopes to make theirs just slightly better than someone elses, but once you start dialog directly with a designer things figure themselves out.

I recommend 99designs highly, it's nearly 'set it and forget it'