WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Catch can setup

nick.e46.330i.

Question

4 answers to this question

Last summer my CCV took a dive and hydrolocked the engine big time. Couldn't turn it over with a breaker bar on the crank pulley.  Search  "CCV Delete"  threads on E46 Fanatics for getting rid of that monster.  I  had mine venting to atmosphere in summer with hardly any drips, but in winter used an appropriate sized plastic bottle to catch oil/ water condensation at at times there was 3/4 cup each week!

I have a new ccv kit from ECS for a 330 if you are interested.

I'll keep it in mind. But I'd rather do away with the stock system.

Last summer my CCV took a dive and hydrolocked the engine big time. Couldn't turn it over with a breaker bar on the crank pulley. Search "CCV Delete" threads on E46 Fanatics for getting rid of that monster. I had mine venting to atmosphere in summer with hardly any drips, but in winter used an appropriate sized plastic bottle to catch oil/ water condensation at at times there was 3/4 cup each week!

Okay. Thanks for the lead! But the winter part is not going to be that big of a deal for me because it'll be stored in a heated garage.

Last summer my CCV took a dive and hydrolocked the engine big time. Couldn't turn it over with a breaker bar on the crank pulley.  Search  "CCV Delete"  threads on E46 Fanatics for getting rid of that monster.  I  had mine venting to atmosphere in summer with hardly any drips, but in winter used an appropriate sized plastic bottle to catch oil/ water condensation at at times there was 3/4 cup each week!

I'm with this guy on the delete. The cc set up they did on then is dumb. Mine hydro locked 2 times first was with wife driving -20 out put brand new winter kit in and did it again plus the valve cover exploded -15 out. The cv set up is great (if you live in warm areas) but this is wi. Weather changes every 20 mins.

Catch can is great. I one on mine. Got rid of the car after winter.