WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

want my 530 programmed

Guest afstud

Anyone here have software to change somethings on my 530i for me? I'm from Appleton but will be going to Milwaukee a couple times this and next week so if anyone is there I can meet up. Letme know. Thanks guys

yea i should have been more specific, sorry guys, well id like to have my DRL's turned off, thats pretty much the only thing i can think of that i want done... is there any other cool things you can do to a e39? and who here has the software?

well it would be cool if you could help me out because it seems no one else has the software around here and every dealer wants 3 arms and 6 legs to do it for something that takes like 15 mins....... all i pretty much want is DRLs off and switch to Xenon's, if your not sure how to do it i can find instructions too if thats whats steering you away from doing it.

well then i dont know if its the e39 thats different but i had an 02 325xi of mine programmed to have the alarm activated and that took about 5 mins from the time the guy hooked it up to starting the program went into the menu and unplugged it from my car, so i assumed and from what everyone else seems to say on the forums about it taking only a few minutes and they have done it, And people have done xenon conversion and had it programmed with just the GT1 in a matter of minutes too..... and the dealer usually wants to charge 80-150 for it, which is nuts.

i might just buy this module for 30 bucks off this website that connects to the laptop, that almost 80% of the E46 fanatic community seems to have and takes them at most 15 mins to program a few things.