WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Temporary garage addition

i_love_cars

BluE92's M3 is visiting so I figured I should take the opportunity to produce some shitty iPhone photos of the occasion. 

Sadly she will only be here for another 10 days (waiting on parts from Germany). Euro Auto Haus quoted him 650 bucks in labor to swap a valve cover (punctured hole in the metal so leaking like crazy). I don't let friends throw away money like that so we'll be doing this particular job in my garage now that it has been trailered to my house.

IMG_0171_zpsa5gmkkew.jpg

IMG_0173_zpsntttx130.jpg

IMG_0175_zpszmdlnd8o.jpg

IMG_0176_zpst2k5x3ng.jpg

IMG_0177_zpsxcbpcw1s.jpg

IMG_0178_zps9t0psey8.jpg

IMG_0179_zpsvg3f5dhx.jpg

My guess is some idiot in a service department in New York, where the car came from. It was bought sight-unseen and is pretty clean, however, it had some engine work done under warranty by the original owner at a bmw stealership - based on the pinhole leak near one of the bolts for the valve cover, it appears that someone was prying around with a screwdriver, slipped, and punctured it. I'll get a pic once I start pulling stuff apart and show you - I only saw the pic that was taken when the car was at the shop being analyzed for the leak. 

It's a pretty obscure thing. BMW NA doesn't even stock the part because nobody ever needs to replace valve covers. Has to come straight from Germany lol.