WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

What to do next......

Snyperx

So I am trying to decide what to do next to my e90. Up to this point I have blacked out the grille and emblems. I am kind of thinking about going dark on the whole car. Eventually getting gunmetal colored wheels. So here is what I was thinking:

• Tints
  • Debadging the 325i from the trunk

OR

• Purchasing some repair parts (window regulator, rubber trim, lift boxes)
  • Tool purchase (wheel hanger, few sockets, oil wrench)

Thoughts????

Well, maintenance should ALWAYS come first.

However, things like debadging can easily be done at home. I removed my 540i badge using some dental floss, heat, and goo gone. However, you can run the risk of chipping some paint, and auto body shops can remove badges safely for about $30. They have the tools and know-how to do it safely and quickly.

** also, what rubber parts are needed on your car? Seems awfully new for rubber pieces to be disintegrated already :/

Well, maintenance should ALWAYS come first.

However, things like debadging can easily be done at home. I removed my 540i badge using some dental floss, heat, and goo gone. However, you can run the risk of chipping some paint, and auto body shops can remove badges safely for about $30. They have the tools and know-how to do it safely and quickly.

** also, what rubber parts are needed on your car? Seems awfully new for rubber pieces to be disintegrated already :/

The rubber strip above the front windshield is all cracked and nasty looking and the rear rubber strip below the rear window will not stay attached to the window. Keeps falling off everytime I open the trunk.