WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

I guess I'll start one here. Squeaky vents

Guest johnny2k

Question

Guest johnny2k

So my e39 has developed an intermittent squeak/squeal in the vents when the heat is on. Blower motor bearing? It increases/decreases in correlation with the fan speed. Any easy/cheap fixes without tearing the dash apart? It seems to happen only when it's really cold out.

5 answers to this question

Guest johnny2k

Yeah, I figured that was going to be the case. Thanks for the info, looks like I will be tackling this come end of summer or whenever it becomes consistent. Still very intermittent right now, so I'm not too worried yet.

Guest LaCrosseJake

Do you notice a relationship between the blower motor squeeking and the temperature outside?

Mine likes to squeek when it's -0. But when the blower motor went on my e34 it rattled like crazy until it finally died. That was a PITA to fix.

Guest Charles Dickens

Not to thread jack, but I've experienced the same thing in my e30. It used to be only when it was freezing, but now its becoming more frequent. Blower motor then? Anyone know of / have a cheap hookup for a new one?