WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

NCS Expert and Coding

Snyperx

Question

Thought I would let folks know that I will have the ability to code BMW's here in a few weeks. I ordered a cable:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/160657246345?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

The cable with the NCS Expert software will let me code. Should be pretty fun. Let me know if anyone is interested in learning. We could drink beer and learn to code bimmers (like nothing could go wrong with that scenario).

9 answers to this question

I don't see the real advantage of this since you own a e90? With all e9x and newer vehicles almost all the control modules that you replace programming and coding are needed to properly replace it. SO you can only do half of that. I guess if you worked on older vehicles it could be helpful but does this work on all bmw's?

Well I got my cable in them mail and connected up the car and was able to do some basic connectivity checks and everything worked great. I have not tried to code anything yet, but am going to work on getting a full backup of the car prior. The first code I want to do is to make it so all the windows close when the vehicle is locked from the key fob. She be pretty cool. I also am looking at after market headlights and will need to code out a couple of the bulb checks so the car doesn't throw errors. The other option is to purchase cancellers which I don't want to do.

Guest zer0kid

I would need to check. I know I could get them. The only issue is the cable I have only works on the newer BMW's that use the OBD type connector.

E46 has the OBDII interface, let me know if you can get the files. There's some stuff I'd like to get programmed s well! Thanks.