WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Volvo Timing Belt Replacement Pics

jc43089

Recently I helped my brother replace the timing belt and water pump on his '04 V70 AWD.  Super nice car, his has 165k on it now.  The belt replacement was one of the easiest timing belt jobs I have done.  The only thing I didn't like is the timing marks are not as easy to see as ones on an m20.  The cam marks are actually on the removable plastic cover.  We replaced the belt, tensioner, idler, and water pump.  It took about 5 and a half hours, and he did most of it, my brother has never done anything like this so a couple guys that knew what they were doing could do it in under 4 hours for sure.

003_zpsd6111d43.jpg

002_zpsfc06e490.jpg

We also replaced the upper engine torque mount, the OE one was pretty trashed, there was so little rubber intact that I was able to push the center out with my thumbs.

006_zpseb2e7c25.jpg

Replaced it with an IPD poly bushing, and limiter shim things on the strut tower/engine brace.

005_zps68162ec1.jpg

004_zps0d7353f2.jpg

It is a really nice car, when our Maxima dies someday I think a post facelift V70 would be a great family car.