WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Finally it's melting and some updates on the car

Narcosis

This winter has sucked.  Our garage faces north northeast and the driveway doesn't see much sun at all during the winter.  Even with my snow removal efforts we had a bunch of ice & compacted snow built up on the driveway - 3 cars wide...  The amount of snow we got this year was nice, hopefully it'll help the farmers out this growing season.

I was out of town last week and was pleasantly surprised when I got back on Friday - the driveway is about 95% clear, as are the streets.  I washed my car yesterday and it actually STAYED CLEAN! :)

Time to reinstall the JB4, get the summer wheels down from above the garage doors, and break open the piggy bank for some KW Variant 1 coilovers.  I've got an aftermarket FMIC, a BMS oil catch can, some used catless downpipes, and a charge pipe w/TiAL BOV to replace the plastic charge pipe & diverter valves.  The OEM exhaust from the downpipes back is going to stay in place, as aftermarket exhaust is stupid expensive and the stock system flows more than enough for the mods I'll have in place.  There's also a 6pack of 1 step colder NGK plugs sitting on the workbench waiting to go in.

There's a guy on e90post who is putting together an inline LPFP upgrade kit with a Walbro 455, that's going to be next when the piggy bank is full again.  Once it's installed I'm going to up the percentage of e85 I'm mixing from 30 to 50 and see what happens. :)

With the JB4 and 30% e85, using the self learning map, the car really wakes up nicely once the DME figures out boost & timing.  My car love the corn juice, and I think it'd be interesting to run 100% e85 as in my previous car.

I had some issues with the car over the winter and had it into BMW 3 times for service, all fueling related.  They ended up replacing all 6 injectors and replaced 2 of the 6 new units 3 weeks later due to leaking parts.