WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Traded in the M3

michael1972

I’m not knocking on your car at all, man. When I saw you down at A-Spec, it looked great!

Internet business is my job, so it’s interesting to see what other companies to do rank on search engines (like Google, Yahoo, Bing, etc.)

That blog post is a win-win situation for both of you. They get free unique content to work with and free advertising via the watermark on those pictures. You get free exposure and bragging rights/street credz.

If you can't tell, that whole post (including the title/URL) is blatantly geared towards specific keywords that someone would search for on Google. Search engines value unique content, and they’ve strapped all sorts of target keywords and URLs onto the content in that post. ModBargains ranks really well compared to other aftermarket BMW resellers. Blogs are always a great way to drive traffic if done correctly.

Either way, your car looks good on those wheels man. Keep it up.

Yea I didn't think you were. Just didn't really know what you were sayin. See you at DIV most likely. If I get the FP and flash befor then we'll run em. Is Bob in Fon du Lac who did your flash? I got his number from Zach (silver e90 335) when I was down at Scooters. He said he is running 100% e85. I've read that after 70% there are no real benifits. I'm thinking a Wedge flash is the way to go but a BMS is more affordable.

Yea I didn't think you were. Just didn't really know what you were sayin. See you at DIV most likely. If I get the FP and flash befor then we'll run em. Is Bob in Fon du Lac who did your flash? I got his number from Zach (silver e90 335) when I was down at Scooters. He said he is running 100% e85. I've read that after 70% there are no real benifits. I'm thinking a Wedge flash is the way to go but a BMS is more affordable.

Sounds good, I hope to make it to DIV.

Bob in Fon du Lac did my fuel pump and flash with me. You're right, after 70% E85, you're just working the fuel pump harder with no benefits. I'm running 70% E85 and 30% 93 octane. Zach and Bob are both running Wedge flashes. BMS is free, and that's why I went with it, but I want a little more. Wedge's advance timing is pretty aggressive.

Are you auto or 6-speed? After all these mods, I'm probably going to need a clutch before the end of the year. It's not slipping yet, fingers crossed.

Im 6at. Miss the 6 speed manual but in manual mode I can shift so dam fast it's a fair trade off I think. So you Know Zach then? I just met him at Scooters and Mike I think thats his name with a black e90 335. Good guys. I'm pretty sure Im gonna have to save my pennies then so I can get a Wedge flash. I want aggressive. When do you think You'll be up and running with the flash equipment?

Im 6at. Miss the 6 speed manual but in manual mode I can shift so dam fast it's a fair trade off I think. So you Know Zach then? I just met him at Scooters and Mike I think thats his name with a black e90 335. Good guys. I'm pretty sure Im gonna have to save my pennies then so I can get a Wedge flash. I want aggressive. When do you think You'll be up and running with the flash equipment?

You definitely have an advantage when it comes to fast shifting.

Yeah, I know Zach. He's a friend and told me about Bob. Bob told me about Mike, lol.

I'm not sure when I'll have the flashing equipment. I'm not in a rush to do it because I already paid Bob for flashing stuff. It'd just be nice to be able to do it myself if needed and I have always wanted a BT cable for stuff.

I'd hit up Bob, tell him I sent you. If you get Steve's fuel pump kit, Bob will install it and flash for you for under $100. Obviously if you go with Wedge, you should send Wedge a donation. Otherwise, BMS is free.

Will Bob do the wedge flash and install for 100?

I'm not sure, you could ask. Bob charges a flat rate to install this kit. You don't need the ring removal tool though because I gave mine to Bob. He also charges a flat rate to capture your factory flash and replace it with another. I don't think it matters which flash.

However, Wedge runs completely on donations. He's a guy just like us, but knows his stuff and spends his time helping people with custom flashes. I'll be sending him $75 for my flash once I get it sorted out. Keep in mind, dyno shops charge around $100/hr for a tune, so $75 is more than reasonable in my opinion.