WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

No more "i" after the numbered series!

No more "i" after the numbered series!  

5 members have voted

1. 1. The "i" at the end of the model name (Ex:325i) used to indicate fuel injected models in BMW's naming convention has finally been removed and will now only appear in front of the model names (ex: i8) to represent electrification. What are your thoughts?

• Thank goodness I no longer have that pesky vowel as the end of my BMW model name!
    • This is blasphemy, they should keep the pronoun in the model name!
    • I don't care why this is such a big deal, I just want to know if Earl is every going to finish his "ti"
    • They added an "M" to cars that aren't "M" cars and that makes me more upset than loosing an "i"

The "i" at the end of the model name (Ex:325i) used to indicate fuel injected models in BMW's naming convention has finally been removed and will now only appear in front of the model names (ex: i8) to represent electrification. In my opinion its kind of crazy that the "i" has lasted as long as it has and that this is a good change. I still think that the naming nomenclator of BMW models is somewhat confusing once the marketing team got involved, but this is probably a step in the right direction to simplification. 

https://www.carscoops.com/2024/04/bmw-will-transition-to-using-i-designation-only-on-electric-vehicles/

Genuine BMW M140i Replacement Badge In Silver, 49% OFF