WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

2006 325i Shift Hesitation

Snyperx

Question

Hi all,

Now that I have found this forum you will probably be seeing quite a few questions from me.

My latest question/issue is the hesitation I feel when taking off from a stop. When I apply the gas it seems the car is slow to accelerate. I have read a few things on other boards that this is normal to having to upgrade the ecu code. Another thing I read was to put the car is start mode and hold the gas pedal for 25 seconds to reset the shift points. Someone also stated running in DS will resolve the issue.

Has anyone else experienced this and if so what was the resolution. I have read so much note sure what is fact and what is fiction. As always thanks in advance.

7 answers to this question

First off i would check to make sure there is no leaks at the transmission. The pan gasket and mechatronic sleeve are known to leak. If all is good there you have two options. First would be to reset the transmission adaptions. Which to my knowledge cant be done without hooking it up to a gt1 or isid (bmw scan tool). Next step would be to program the vehicle, as there is a SIB (Service Bulletin) that is exactly about your issue and the fix is to program the egs control module. But i would need to check your vehicles integration level to make sure it isn't already up to date. Which need to be done through a bmw scan tool.

Just checked your vehicle history. Vehicle was programmed one time in 07' for an OBD service action, which most vehicles get. The SIB i was refering to that is about your shifting problem was issued on 10/08 so your vehicle has not yet been programmed with that updated software.

As far as pricing goes dealer will charge you 1 hour diagnosis to tell you it needs to be programmed then another 2-2.5 hrs to program at $125/hr or more labor rate. If you were in the milwaukee area i could help you out for much less. But i assume you are in the madison area as you bought it there.