Currently in the process of building one myself with the features I want:

High quality stainless barrel

Flat top upper

Free float handguard

Geissele SSA trigger

Sierra Precision grip

Troy backup iron sights

LaRue LT-104 scope mount

Building is simple when you've got to tools and courage to try. It isn't rocket science and even a guy who is all thumbs can get great results with the right parts.

If you are brand new to all of this id recommend purchasing this book: http://buildyourownar15.com/

Very helpful and only $10

Ahh. Back to memory lane! Alex, I have built at least 5 ARs in my life, some custom and some stock. First thing I'll tell you is that 49 dollars is stupidly cheap. However, and this might just be me, I like to stick with name brand stuff unless people review the product in question good. Reasoning is because even though its just a machined piece of cast aluminum, the cheaper ones sometimes miss by a few thousands of an inch. Doesnt sound like much, but talk to me after trying to put in a trigger with that imperfection. I built my personal AR on a superior lower, because the gun started out a complete superior, and had gotten built since. Well, kinda built. I have mostly bolt-on stuff, I was going to do a CF free floater with a full re-coating before the damn BMW bug bit me ;) I have a 7 port compensator, quad rails, Warne RAMP mount, BSA 223 6-18 power optical and a Burris fast fire for the red dot, along with a flared magwell, hogue grip, various rail accessories, front sight tower rails, and a RRA upper. My dream list is a Timney 3lb trigger, magpul 6 point stock, full stainless medium length bull barrel, CF free float handgrips, harris bipod, arrendo match compensator, piston-driven gas system conversion, a black and white duracoat respray, and of course, my RAMP mount. I love that thing :)