WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. Ferrari mechanic for a living I’d have to say this challenge took me longer with bloodier hands than a full service on a f355! ,lmao,pita...so again getting a weekend to my own projects so I’ve decided to start gathering parts over the last month,still currently awaiting downpipes to show up ,the list’ was starting with the Schwaben scan tool from turner on sale wich I like and suggest.., chargepipe, relocation inlets,catless downpipes 3”,oil filter housing gasket again ..with intake ports walnut blasted and new gaskets,spark plugs and coils packs , new serpentine and tensioner along with rear subframe bushings inserts for a start, tho the relocation inlets set me back alone that project took over ten hours the rear turbo inlet was such an enormous pain the the ****,it took me under car 20+ times without a lift ,a 30” crowbar from top pushing down and someone wiggling from top back and forth with the stock downpipes in the way it is sooper tite ,I’d say half the time was on the rear turbo inlet getting aligned now I can finally get to the rest of the Jazz with ease now all that plastic crap out of the way ...,I was really hoping to install downpipes since I had the entire weekend to get things done but I’ll have to wait. So here are few pics after and I’ll keep ya posted on the rest ..also awaiting xpipe for resonator delete ,then a good buddy from the Ferrari shop is building me a custom air box along with finishing up the exhaust another weekend..pe mod is done so that’s taken care of ,one day at a time .. Ill toss couple other pics from Cavallino classic for yu Ferrari lovers ...I figured the Ferrari headline is a catch lol enjoy !
  3. HipMF

E30 Picnic 2018

Nice! Appletown crew made it home safely, despite a few finger-tight fasteners that got overlooked... Was a good meet, as always. Thanks to Badger Bimmers for hosting.
  4. Bassboy3313

E30 Picnic 2018

Milwaukee cruise to the picnic 20180519_094211.mp4
  5. Yesterday
  6. snap

E30 Picnic 2018

A few photos for anyone that couldn’t attend. Im very grateful for Tim Jason, TJ, Badger Bimmers, and all involved in making this happen each year. Cheers to you guys, I always look forward to it.
  7. I'm trying to figure out if I can keep them first 😎
  8. Sucks that you have to call it quits on this, would you like to sell me the LTWs (hopefully for the same price you got them)? I have back problems from shoveling & the vaders are killing me. They will be going on a 99 m3 with 103k miles, very clean.
  9. SteelBlue

Joined the Club Today

Getting it run as soon as possible is the goal. Ben is grabbing the last parts from Chris at the picnic today. Gonna review what I've got and source the rest of the stuff to get it running. Trans is the main thing I can think of now. Not sure if it has a wiring harness or not. Unsure of the status of the M50, being that it's good or not, but I'm sure we will be able to figure it our relatively quickly once it's in. Buying coils to replace the blown suspension is the other matter of business, but will not be done until the car runs.
  10. I don't have a short antenna for it but I believe it's in good working order.
  11. damnboy037

E30 Picnic 2018

Maybe, I turned on my car for the first time since Sept, 35 miles in CEL pops up. She still feels strong, but I don’t think I’ll notice a 30hp loss on a car that puts down 320 to the wheels (especially after not driving it for a while).
  12. Ah man, im so sorry to read this. How infuriating! It will all end up better in the long run, however irritating and sad it is now.
  13. Back home from school, just ordered BC coilovers and some other stuff for the M3 thanks to Pat It was beautiful out so I washed the car I decided to test out one of my new jack pad adapters that I was going to use to put the car up on jack stands so I could do all my rear end work. I bought them because the rear jack pads had rusted at the base, so I didn't trust jacking on them from the bottom of the car. I thought that because I was lifting above the rusted section with the "e36 jack hole" it would be fine Well it wasn't fine and when the car was about 2 inches off the ground I heard a bang and it gave out. The whole jack pad/hole thing in the body has crumpled upwards and torn from the body/ bowed the body out above the skirt cover. I was going to be doing basically the whole rear end soon (subframe bushings, rtabs, axels, control arms, etc.) and I literally have no way to support the car unless I'm jacking by the diff, and that wouldn't allow me to get the subframe out or even move the diff to put my new control arms in. With the prices of clean M3's these days I doubt I can afford to get another M3 without selling all of my parts I have for this one, unless I save for the next few years. I'm probably going to end up with a stock M of some sort hopefully by the end of this summer. I'm selling everything e36 I have and a detailed for sale ad for the car will be posted soon for whoever wants to part it. RIP
  14. YoungCR

WTB E36 Hitch or a BMW with a hitch.

I'll just leave this here...
  15. HipMF

Joined the Club Today

Better you than me? Good luck. I'd suggest getting the car running and driving as quickly as possible, and worry about everything else later. Obviously the rest of "the club" has been there and knows the dangers of mission creep and subsequently getting overwhelmed/loosing motivation. Plus, you're in my spot dude. 😄
  16. Last week
  17. I’ll assume I’m the only one that received shorts in the mail then............
  18. Will do! I’ll have to place an order for them this weekend and I’ll have to get my father on just because he is a hard core Buick fan.
  19. P_Roloff

Official Sighting Thread

I lied in the earlier post...
  20. straight6pwr

Hello. My name is Dan, and today my car is actually clean

thanks guys! wasnt sure about the sepia thing either stubby version? sold!
  21. I have a z3 style mast from my compact that I won't be using=)
  22. YoungCR

Joined the Club Today

I can certainly grab the parts and bring them to the picnic.
  23. Jdesign

Official Sighting Thread

Im pretty sure I drove this car quite a few years ago. Unless there is more than 1 in the Milwaukee area. its the weirdest feeling car. Body roll is frightening as the front and rear suspension is linked together.
  24. straight6pwr

Stock Radio CLUSTER F***

the fact that all the lights that are out are in the same circuit leads me to believe the cause is one wire in that circuit. (causing all of them to not have power or ground.) i'd pull the cluster/knee panel/etc to start following wires from start to end to inspect. the cluster is easy to pull. more time consuming if you have an airbag steering wheel. i can swap clusters in about 5 min with an non-airbag wheel. there is no risk to damaging anything if you don't pull on stuff like He-man
  25. AlpineE30

Stock Radio CLUSTER F***

I'm getting more and more concerned the ground got messed up in the process of all of this. All of the ground wires that I can find (3 of them 1 from the radio) are all connected. Any advice on re-grounding it them? My analog clock is still lit and working, but I don't have lights for my heat/ac controls. I am concerned about pulling the cluster and causing more issues.
  26. AlpineE30

Stock Radio CLUSTER F***

Yeah, I have tried the cassette deck. Still no sound. Cassette deck itself seems to be working. The speakers click once when the radio turns on and the sound is turned up. Dead dash lights (& PS rear Tail light) - I have replaced fuse #'s 10,12, 19, 21, 22, 23 I did rotate the knob. I wish it was that easy! The speedo, tach, etc. all work, just no longer light up. Yes, I did have the battery disconnected.
  27. P_Roloff

Official Sighting Thread

Citroen 2CV on campus this morning!
  1. Load more activity