WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

I'm now in the E90 club

Bassboy3313

So, I recently sold my M54B30 5spd swapped E46 touring xi and was on the hunt for a new daily. I was adamant about getting another touring, but it's definitely slim pickings out there unless you wanna pay some crazy prices. I found a 2008 328xi E90 for sale with relatively low miles (103k) for a decent price at a dealer. Did my bargaining thing and got them to come down to my price. This basically made it a straight over trade for what I sold the touring for. Plus it's 6 years newer and 100k miles less. 

2008 E90 328xi - Deep Green Metallic over Beige

PXL_20221022_213246014.jpg

PXL_20221022_213233834.jpg

Came with aftermarket wheels and snow tires, so naturally had to swap them out for some BMW Individual wheels for the meantime.

PXL_20221022_213436816.jpg

PXL_20221023_180620901.jpg

PXL_20221023_180636717.jpg

The color caught my eye the most as you don't see many green BMWs anymore. It's also very hard to capture in photos. I need to take some better ones of the exterior and interior. 

So far I am very happy with it. The tight steering and smoothness of the engine when accelerating is really nice. First things I would like to do are getting the xDelete app to make it rwd when the AWD isn't really necessary. Getting some tint on the windows as I hate being in a fish bowl. And installing a Bluetooth audio setup that integrates the steering wheel controls as I don't have the iDrive or navigation. Something that feels factory. 

8 hours ago, straight6pwr said:

Nice looking car. Love the color! 

Why'd ya selling the touring? 

Also, Fish bowls 4 lyfe. 

Thanks!

I had my fun with it. It had 200k on the body, rust spots forming and figured it was time for something different. For what I sold it for, I can't complain. 

Lol I just can't do it man!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Completed the heated steering wheel retrofit. All 100% stock parts. It really cranks out the heat when first turning it on. Then settles after that to a very comfortable temp. I'm very impressed. 

I also installed a wireless phone charger in place of the ashtray in front of shifter. 3D printed an adapter that mounts to stock screw locations and uses a universal wireless charging pad from ecstuning. Works great!

On 11/28/2022 at 8:37 AM, YoungCR said:

pics or it didn't happen

Alright, alright. I forgot to take pics of the finished bracket, but here is one of the test print before doing it for real in black ABS. 

Screenshot_20221129-152810.png

I then bought the DIY wireless phone charger kit from ECS Tuning to make it an easy install. 

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-inbay-parts/wireless-charging-retrofit-kit-3-coil/240000-10-1~iby/

1802126_x800.webp

And here it is installed.

PXL_20221128_230109264.jpg