WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

FS: Passion Red 2005 V50 2.5T AWD 6-Speed

straight6pwr

2005 Volvo V50 2.5T AWD (6-speed Manual)

158,000 miles (as of this writing)

Passion Red, Black interior

Factory options: Bixenon headlights w/headlight washers, heated seats, Premium audio

Stock 17" Sagitta wheels

Everything works, no warning lights.

Located in Milwaukee, WI.

SOLD SOLD SOLD

1.JPG

Hello everyone, for sale is my V50. I've owned the car since 2019. At that time I searched high and low for a rust-free 6-speed v50, and found this one in Oregon at a used car dealership. Carfax history showed it was a California car. There were signs it was maintained at a Volvo dealership throughout its life, with Volvo branded parts found. It had a shockingly clean underbody and was rust free. Its been in Wisconsin (Milwaukee) now for 2 winters, with relatively low miles (work from home) so its still extremely clean underneath. There is lots of recent maintenance, check the list below. It also has great quality-of-life upgrades including retrofit Bi-xenon projectors, Grom bluetooth audio, trailer hitch receiver, Yakima roof rack, and extra snow tires. I love this car and will be sad too see it go. Best car I've ever owned for daily use.

Condition:

The car is in great shape. No accidents or major damage to the exterior or interior. Car drives, steers, and shifts amazingly.  No exterior rust. There are various dings, scratches, and small areas of clear coat peel on the exterior. There is a clear bra on the front bumper, which is showing its age. It is 100% removable, should a new owner want. The interior has no rips or breakage or panels. There is light wear to be found in the normal places (by the shifter, the door grab handles, and in the cargo area). See the album of pictures for visuals of all of this.

Maintenance (beyond oil changes):

Fall 2022 - New tailgate shocks, new floor matts

Summer 2022 - New front struts/shocks/top mount, new rear shocks and mount

Summer 2022 - New rear brake calipers, new rotors and pads all around, new brake fluid

Summer 2022 - Timing belt/water pump, upper and lower radiator coolant hoses

Summer 2022 - Replace both engine mounts

Summer 2022 - New tires on stock wheels, Kuhmo Ecsta

Spring 2021 - Headliner replaced, rear sunroof drains unplugged

Fall 2020 - Front sunroof drains unplugged, replaced 'trunk' drain at cowl, drivers side

Summer 2020 - Rear wheel bearings replaced

Summer 2020 - Battery replaced

Fall 2019 - Replaced 6x ignition coils, spark plugs. Installed H11 fog bulbs.

Extras:

17" Volvo 'Snowflake' wheels with Uniroyal Tigerpaw Ice & Snow tires

Tow hitch with 1.5" receiver, hitch ball, 4-flat trailer wiring

Morimoto Mini-D2S Bi-xenon projectors, with 3800k bulbs. Uses factory ballasts/ignitors.

Lamin-x headlight protection film

Grom bluetooth audio w/usb

Yakima RailGrab roof rack bars

Extra oil filter, extra panel clips, extra H11 fog bulb

Rear headrests included (weren't installed at time of pictures)

The Bad:

Engine has oil seepage. Slow enough that it doesn't leave a puddle, residue collects on top of undertray. I don't spend money chasing minor oil leaks on any of my cars.

Sometimes a bearing squeak sound on cold start-up. Goes away in a few seconds. All the accessory belts, tensioners as well as the timing belt and tensioner have been replaced so I suspect the AC or Alternator bearing are squeaking. Everything is working, so there was no point in replacing components.

4.JPG

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...