WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Local Auto Upholstery Recommendations

gilber33

• 1 month later...
On 10/14/2022 at 11:03 AM, gilber33 said:

Anyone have any recommendations for a local auto upholsterer? I'd like to have my rear bench done to match my fronts and I'm having a hell of time finding someone that is either responsive or that I feel like I can trust. 

Thanks!

If price isn't an issue, there is an older gentleman by the Airport that does great work. You would have to stop in vs. calling or emailing though. Message me if you want his info. 

I guess I should add that he did the rear seat on my vert.

5 hours ago, Jdesign said:

If price isn't an issue, there is an older gentleman by the Airport that does great work. You would have to stop in vs. calling or emailing though. Message me if you want his info. 

I guess I should add that he did the rear seat on my vert.

Thanks for the recommendation. I had two people that I started talking to about this project, very reputable places that I know do fantastic work, and then they ghosted me. 

I went to my typical state of mind of "If no one will do it for me then I'll do it my fucking self". Soooo I'm going to learn upholstery. 

2 hours ago, HipMF said:

I did a couple motorcycle seats years ago. It's not rocket science, but it takes time and patience.

I've been watching youtube videos and my Dad gave me an upholstery book that he had from a long time ago. Which ironically enough has an e30 rear bench seat in it as an example. 

I thought if I can teach myself to paint a car, build an engine, weld, etc. etc. why not this? It won't be perfect, but I'd rather it not be perfect knowing I did it then it not being perfect paying someone else to do it.