WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Tossed a different set of wheels on the 240 today...

The Full Banana

Looking great!  Excited to see this thing in person sometime.

Thanks. I can't wait to drive it this spring! 

should have drawn a dick on the flywheel prior to assembly. 

Maybe I did. #secretsobscuredbythebellhousing

Anyways, the engine/trans are in. I had to make a bracket to mount the power steering pump today, but didn't take a picture. 

Anyone know a good place to have custom power steering lines made up? Or should I just go the route of a compression fitting to AN?

IMG_4438.jpg

IMG_4428.jpg

IMG_4434.jpg

We are just going to start figuring out the route now. At the moment, I have no idea... but I'm very open to suggestions! We will probably be stopping in Kansas City on the way out. 

That oil cooler is a factory piece from a mid-year turbo car. It fits rather nicely with the factory intercooler in place, but the endtanks on this one block it more than I would like. I may try a bit of ducting to direct air to it... or I'll eventually put an oil cooler below the radiator. I have an oil temp gauge so I can keep an eye on it (Not that it should present any problem).

• 2 weeks later...
I'm tired and it's late so I'm not going to write much.

I've been working on this a lot, and had help this weekend. A couple friends came over and swapped in the rear end from the wagon while I worked on other stuff. 

IMG_4564.jpg

IMG_4566.jpg

IMG_4567.jpg

(oil lines aren't going to just hang there... have to wrap and mount them still)

IMG_4572.jpg

IMG_4575.jpg

IMG_4583.jpg

IMG_4596.jpg

IMG_4604.jpg

this one is for Dave. 

IMG_4588.jpg

Goal was to start it today but that didn't happen because I was missing a few little bits and pieces that local stores didn't have. I'm going to get this thing legal to drive this week... it won't be long now.