WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Tossed a different set of wheels on the 240 today...

The Full Banana

What kind of car did you find outta curiosity?

Another Volvo. 1998 S70 T5 SE. Nothing terribly special about it, other than that it's clean, and the SE's are a bit rare (it's primarily an interior thing).

i've had a little list in my head of cars that I think would be satisfying

-volvo 850

-volvo s70

-e36 m50/52

-e34

-maybe e30

-e39 (but that's starting to get spend)

that's all that have really come to mind... e36 and s70 are the ideals. not sure which i'd prefer as they each are better in certain ways.

Thanks!

btw: that e21 of yours is fantastic!!!!

Thank you. It doesn't get really any love. I know its because its really nothing that special. But it is to me. My little brothers 2002 gets all the love amongst older men. I've been in the car with him and no joke. People will give big thumbs up for his car. LOL I have gotten one.

Thread jack because Jockhater2 mentioned thumbs up. I had a mid 30's lady give me a wave and a wink kiss thing. And she speed ahead of me in her minivan, and on the rear windscreen, it said,"My other car is an E30 M3". I pooped. Was such a shock! LOL

prolonging the threadjack

I never get any thumbs up or anything like that. Now if I had a Cavalier with the Z24 package, I'd drive through West Allis and have a fan club before I hit the other side.

DAMN. LOL, Z24 Cavaliers. You choose to live in West Allis! I'd move! ;) here in Madison, no one know's what my car is. Not even the car people. I hate this town, there is few BMW owners here. An the one's who own them, their parents bought them, or they don't know what they're talking about.

jeebus, only $2k for the white volvo?? Dammit all, I wonder how much it would increase my payments to pick up another car.....

yep, i feel $2k is fair and I don't want it sitting around for a while so I'm not going to try to wring it out for all it's worth.

Thank you. It doesn't get really any love. I know its because its really nothing that special. But it is to me. My little brothers 2002 gets all the love amongst older men. I've been in the car with him and no joke. People will give big thumbs up for his car. LOL I have gotten one.

I think it looks great. Seems pretty special to me!

threadjack end.

yep, i feel $2k is fair and I don't want it sitting around for a while so I'm not going to try to wring it out for all it's worth.

I think it looks great. Seems pretty special to me!

threadjack end.

When I say its not "special". I mean. The car of course has no real history. Not compared to the 2002s. Which everyone loves to death. And I love my brothers car. Its just. Mine is restored...and his isn't. Yet he gets all the love. makes the older brother all jelly. And the reason mine is special to me. Is because it was the last project i got to do with my dad.

Your price is EXTREMELY FAIR. If you check ebay/craigslist. Because of everyone knows that volvo's can last 500,000 +. They try to ask $3,000 for ones that have 250,000-300,000 miles. Which is obviously ridiculous. Regardless if the car has another 200,000 left in it. Miles still depreciates the value.

I told my brother. I just gotta show him your pictures.

To be honest. I would be interested in it if I was looking for a car. Because I want a wagon to replace my jetta with. Whenever the car meets its maker. Even though I would feel guilty if I got a wagon as clean as yours.

I wouldn't call the body "very clean". From what I saw of your e21, it's no where near as clean as that beauty! It has plenty of rust spots to be dealt with, but it all appears to be cosmetic. That's why my price is $2000 and not $4000. :D

The real selling point for this car is the motor and engine management swap that I've done on it. It's not very common to see a car like this for sale... usually when someone does a swap like this, they end up keeping the car for a good long time. It just so happens that I have two!

If wanted, you could just leave it how it is and drive it for another 400,000 miles...or you can turn up the boost, put on a bigger turbo, etc and have a quick car with very small investment. From this point forward, the power to dollar ratio is amazing on this car... sooo much for so little cost compared to other cars

Ugh, drank too much. It's been a sluggish morning, time to go outside and button up some wiring so this car can move on to whoever decides to take it off my hands!

Edited by The Full Banana

I wouldn't call the body "very clean". From what I saw of your e21, it's no where near as clean as that beauty! It has plenty of rust spots to be dealt with, but it all appears to be cosmetic. That's why my price is $2000 and not $4000. :D

The real selling point for this car is the motor and engine management swap that I've done on it. It's not very common to see a car like this for sale... usually when someone does a swap like this, they end up keeping the car for a good long time. It just so happens that I have two!

If wanted, you could just leave it how it is and drive it for another 400,000 miles...or you can turn up the boost, put on a bigger turbo, etc and have a quick car with very small investment. From this point forward, the power to dollar ratio is amazing on this car... sooo much for so little cost compared to other cars

Ugh, drank too much. It's been a sluggish morning, time to go outside and button up some wiring so this car can move on to whoever decides to take it off my hands!

my car has rust on it too. Even after the paint job. Its got bubble rust on the fenders and rust around the wheel wells. I gotta save up to have that touched up.

Yeah. Thats the beauty about it. My brother would rather have reliable and comfortable than fast and sporty. So your volvo would be great for him the way it is.

The reason I said I would feel guilty. Is because whatever car someday replaces the jetta. Will just be a winter car/sound car. So the interior will get butchered and the body will rust.

Rust is a real pain in the ass....

I don't think there's anything wrong with driving this car in winter. If it were cleaner, then I would think otherwise, but it has plenty of wear and tear from living in the midwest. It's a great car to be enjoyed and driven!

plenty of room for speaker boxes in a wagon! ha

let me know if your brother (or you) are interested!

Rust is a real pain in the ass....

I don't think there's anything wrong with driving this car in winter. If it were cleaner, then I would think otherwise, but it has plenty of wear and tear from living in the midwest. It's a great car to be enjoyed and driven!

plenty of room for speaker boxes in a wagon! ha

let me know if your brother (or you) are interested!

Yeah. Its like cancer. It just spreads. And when you think its gone. it comes back.

I finally showed him the car. And he likes it a lot. Hopefully he can get some money saved up for it. If you still have it. I am tired of him borrowing my car and my other brothers.

Engine space and power I think for me is the most important factor for a sound car. Because I have a 380 amp alternator in the jetta. And I am adding a 2nd alternator next year. But because of the weight and the extra belt accessories. And the cars low power. Its very slow.

Yeah. Its like cancer. It just spreads. And when you think its gone. it comes back.

I finally showed him the car. And he likes it a lot. Hopefully he can get some money saved up for it. If you still have it. I am tired of him borrowing my car and my other brothers.

Engine space and power I think for me is the most important factor for a sound car. Because I have a 380 amp alternator in the jetta. And I am adding a 2nd alternator next year. But because of the weight and the extra belt accessories. And the cars low power. Its very slow.

Plenty of engine space and no shortage of power with this car.

I'm hoping not to have it long. I want it gone ASAP so I can pick up something else, or trade for something else.