WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Tossed a different set of wheels on the 240 today...

The Full Banana

• 1 year later...

It's all back together, and I drove it. OATOA engine feels happy. 

Only 15 miles in, but so far things are good. I'm running with engine break-in oil, keeping RPM varied <4k and throttle input <60%. Plan is to keep putting around in it like that, change the oil after 50 miles for another batch of break-in oil, and then change that batch of oil out at around 500 miles. 

48324143017_4e4de8ffaf_b.jpg

48324060327_7e38c1b90b_b.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone have a recommendation for an experienced tuner that I could take this car to have it tuned professionally on a dyno? The car runs Megasquirt MS3x, so I would need to find someone experienced and willing to tune that. 

Also, had an opportunity to get out and have some photos taken for an upcoming magazine feature. No idea how long until that will come out, but here's a photo I snapped while hanging around. 

242photoshoot.jpeg

19 hours ago, YoungCR said:

@AsparagusMike had his car tuned recently.

Hunter Mulhollon

He has a dyno in his shop. Very good with MS tuning and TS and his prices are pretty reasonable. 10/10 recommend

Located on the north side of Fond du lac.

He did some re-tuning on my car (running MS3 pro) a little over a month back and it has been running flawless ever sense.

Shoot him a message on Facebook, super nice guy and he knows his shit.

Tom and I went to the Brew City Cruise Night weekly car show this past Tuesday and the 240 was looking really good in person. The e30 was there with the family and we talked a lot about how great it was to have the cars at a point where you could just take it for a drive without any headaches.

4 hours ago, gilber33 said:

Tom and I went to the Brew City Cruise Night weekly car show this past Tuesday and the 240 was looking really good in person. The e30 was there with the family and we talked a lot about how great it was to have the cars at a point where you could just take it for a drive without any headaches.

3 hours ago, m42b32 said:

someday...

everyday!

MUAHAHHAHAHA

(although my driveshaft is about to explode)