WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

best e36 motor swap?

industrialsized

i really like the idea of the ajv8 i am not to keen on the idea of an ls swap i know its the cheapest / most hp but fuck it this is the internet. if i had the money the n74 swap would be so my style but for actually being able to do it i think the jag motor is a good option as its the LS motor of Europa pluss they sound like god belching!

here in Madison. Thing is awesome 2.7I swapped, HKS 35R, mega squirt ms2, computer for on the go tuning/ etc, my friend said when we roll raced it lifted the front tire off the ground. Thing is bonkers.

2.7 would be an m20, not s38...not to mention how unlikely it is for any e30 to hook well enough to pull front tires on the street.

2.7 would be an m20, not s38...not to mention how unlikely it is for any e30 to hook well enough to pull front tires on the street.

Haha, after writing it I was like'shit wrong motor'had to jet though. An it lifted the front tire off the ground. Multiple people confirmed it. Trust me. 2.7 Bored out to 2.9, with hks 35r, etc it makes serious power. I'm talking 500 range.

I might be the odd ball out but I don't think I'd ever want a torque monster engine in a 3 series, you should have to really wring it out and use every last RPM to squeeze all of the power out of it. I would go S54, and then maybe add a supercharger. M5's should have loads of torque, but I don't think a 3 should. And I have to admit, (flame suite on) I really hate the sound of LS motors. But alas, do what you want, just not another 2jz :cool:

no

Yerp.

you'd need tub tires to get enough grip to lift

Wrong.

Sorry bro's. I've no need to lie to any of you. I know few of the people on here. I'm not here to impress anyone. Hell, come to madison. We'll take you for a spin in this E30. It pulls a wheel up. it's really not that hard to do. Did it in my truck if I was really getting on her. that had built motor an I only had 335's in the rear...

YEAH, BRO. Fuck, whats with you people lately. This place has turned into a shirt storm of fucking honda attitude. Come to Madison, you won't though. Too much work, or some whiny ass excuse.

It's true, not really that hard to do. My Volvo wagon lifts the passenger front wheel when I really get on it and unleash all 100 horsepowers.

I had pics, but I think I lost the floppy they are on.

Yerp.

Wrong.

Sorry bro's. I've no need to lie to any of you. I know few of the people on here. I'm not here to impress anyone. Hell, come to madison. We'll take you for a spin in this E30. It pulls a wheel up. it's really not that hard to do. Did it in my truck if I was really getting on her. that had built motor an I only had 335's in the rear...

YEAH, BRO. Fuck, whats with you people lately. This place has turned into a shirt storm of fucking honda attitude. Come to Madison, you won't though. Too much work, or some whiny ass excuse.

Flame war? ;)

I believe this E30 is a monster and does circles around almost anything, but I cant see how it will lift wheel. How wide are the rear tires? Compound? Does he burn rubber, back up onto the still hot rubber, and launch on that? Thats about the only way it can happen. Not to menton the 50/50 weight dist. would seriously hinder any possibility, ever, of lifting.

Video of a 936whp E36. Not that much bigger than an E30. Plus he had an additional ~400hp more than this e30 you speak of, so any weight difference would be negligible. And, he is on a track, likely using race compound. The best scenario for a street car

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6GOzbQlv0A&feature=player_detailpage#t=53s

It squats, but never actually lifts off the ground. He would need tub tires to get any chance at lifting.

*sigh* I guess I am just a dying breed of people who like built na motors

I like built NA, I just wish it was cost-allowing for BMWs. Too much $$ for too little. SBC on the other hand....:)