WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Bimmers in Wisconsin Official Photos Thread

straight6pwr

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm pretty sure my buddy had texted me about seeing your car at LMT's dyno day.  He had the black procharged Mustang.  I keep telling him the kinds of numbers our cars can put down with simple bolt-on's... and then he saw your car out dyno him lol.

Probably me, I definitely remember seeing a black 06-10 pro charged mustang a few cars before mine. There was another 335i two cars after mine that put down 450whp in 3rd gear on a wedge E60 tune. For some reason it kept kicking down from 4th. It probably would've been closer to 460 in 4th gear.

But yeah, none of my buddies believed me when I'd say my car made 380ish awhp, and now we know it makes even more.  And I don't even have an upgraded LPFP for more E85 or downpipes or a FMIC. To gain 130whp from a tune is incredible.

Probably me, I definitely remember seeing a black 06-10 pro charged mustang a few cars before mine. There was another 335i two cars after mine that put down 450whp in 3rd gear on a wedge E60 tune. For some reason it kept kicking down from 4th. It probably would've been closer to 460 in 4th gear.

But yeah, none of my buddies believed me when I'd say my car made 380ish awhp, and now we know it makes even more.  And I don't even have an upgraded LPFP for more E85 or downpipes or a FMIC. To gain 130whp from a tune is incredible.

it's pretty entertaining. I got into it with my brother-in-law's friend maybe 1.5 years ago and he was telling me there's no way that a BMW on a stock turbo can hit a peak target of 20-22 psi and make 450 wheel. He was quite belligerent when he told me i'm stupid and don't know how turbos work when I told him the n5x doesn't have a BOV, either. Still incredulous when I did him the service of explaining the concept of a diverting enclosed return system. 

These cars can make high peak numbers but a cheap Z06 with light mods will still crush an N54 until you upgrade the turbos. They really become a bottleneck, but damned if that torque down low doesn't rip your fucking face off, LOL. I stopped revving my car past 5500 a long time ago (save for the track where RPM position after shifting actually matters). On the street it just feels so much better to row gears from 2500-5500 rpms. January can't come soon enough. I just hope there isn't a long wait list at that point for the Pure Stage 2 kit. 

it's pretty entertaining. I got into it with my brother-in-law's friend maybe 1.5 years ago and he was telling me there's no way that a BMW on a stock turbo can hit a peak target of 20-22 psi and make 450 wheel. He was quite belligerent when he told me i'm stupid and don't know how turbos work when I told him the n5x doesn't have a BOV, either. Still incredulous when I did him the service of explaining the concept of a diverting enclosed return system. 

These cars can make high peak numbers but a cheap Z06 with light mods will still crush an N54 until you upgrade the turbos. They really become a bottleneck, but damned if that torque down low doesn't rip your fucking face off, LOL. I stopped revving my car past 5500 a long time ago (save for the track where RPM position after shifting actually matters). On the street it just feels so much better to row gears from 2500-5500 rpms. January can't come soon enough. I just hope there isn't a long wait list at that point for the Pure Stage 2 kit. 

Haha, that's great. I tried not to get into with people as most people are just too close minded to think a non-M BMW can make that kind of power.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...