WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

I have an Imola problem (E39 M5 thread)

i_love_cars

So this should be arriving next week:

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2003-bmw-m5-131/

Easier to just post the listing so I don't have to type up a diatribe. I stumbled across this auction which only had 3 hours left on the timer. So I scrambled to pore over the photos and documentation and come to realize this is actually a super legit Dinan car with everything except the wheels and flywheel. (dinan flywheel was installed but removed later).  lol @ $29k when the car was new in 2003 for all that Dinan shit. Even has the 3.45 differential. 

I have utterly 0 plans for this car other than to get stock wheels or apex arc-8 - basically something that allows me to run BMW centercaps - and then drive the shit out of it. 

m5_cover.jpeg

Yeah the good news is the tires on the car right now are able to be swapped. 285 in the rear isn't quite ideal fitment on stock wheels as a 275 but it's also not really going to hurt anything. The first thing that will be happening in Spring is the swap. Brand new style 65s are not cheap but it's hard to find them used, much less in a condition that I demand aka perfect. So I will probably just order a set from ECS 

10 hours ago, REKIII said:

Before you order the wheels, look into the squared option....rears on all 4 corners.  They look pretty good on the front and get rid of a bit of the understeer.

Congrats on the car, looks amazing.  I still can't believe what the e39's are going for these days, M5 or otherwise.

Yeah i won't be ordering till spring, I also have a lot of research to do in general on the car. It is crazy, and I do feel like I'm mostly parking my money since they are becoming collectible at this point. There was a 20k mile 1-owner example, not a Dinan car or anything, and it sold for like $75k yesterday. Insane 

17 hours ago, i_love_cars said:

Yeah i won't be ordering till spring, I also have a lot of research to do in general on the car. It is crazy, and I do feel like I'm mostly parking my money since they are becoming collectible at this point. There was a 20k mile 1-owner example, not a Dinan car or anything, and it sold for like $75k yesterday. Insane 

I hope prices keep going up, though I'll never sell mine, so it doesn't REALLY matter, haha.  not sure if you do the FB thing, but there is a really good e39 M5 group with a lot of activity.  I was banned from it, so it must be good!  Shady Hasan, a guy out in CA runs it.  He is really good with these cars too.  Working on developing a lot of updates, NLA parts etc.  His website is https://speedhavenracing.com/