WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

The One to End It All

GunMetalGrey

On 1/19/2022 at 6:05 PM, KaiserRolls said:

Pretty sure you’re correct. There is a stock “proportioning valve” on the main run to the rear line IIRC

Not sure about e30s, but the “proportioning valve” on an e21 applies the same pressure to the front and rear up to a certain pressure, and then biases after that. The intent is that during light braking, the rears get activated to even out brake wear and keep rust off the rotor... er, drums.

• 2 months later...

image.png

It's uncomfortable how easily everything comes apart on this thing... Parking brake lines running into the chassis came out without even pulling 

Tossing in riser bushings and new trailing arm bushings, rebuilding and painting the brake calipers, repainting everything, installing new brake lines, and putting it back in without a diff or axles (current ones lack grease, and diff is wrong for my application)

Progress, not engine bay though, which I'm waiting for some warmth from the elements before painting. 

10 hours ago, GunMetalGrey said:

image.png

It's uncomfortable how easily everything comes apart on this thing... Parking brake lines running into the chassis came out without even pulling 

Tossing in riser bushings and new trailing arm bushings, rebuilding and painting the brake calipers, repainting everything, installing new brake lines, and putting it back in without a diff or axles (current ones lack grease, and diff is wrong for my application)

Progress, not engine bay though, which I'm waiting for some warmth from the elements before painting. 

Refinishing the rear subframe is something I would like to do in the future. RTAB's, subframe bushings, powder coat the frame and the arms, and change the seals on the diff. I just need a place that the car can be up on stands for awhile.

• 4 months later...